cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Excel sheet into MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to import an excel sheet with data in to MDM. When I open the sheet through import manager,it is showing the number of Multiple/exact matches with the records already present in MDM is 141.

But after import, in the data manager if i search for the multiple/exact matches using a field we created which maps to Match Level/Type, it is showing the record count as 221.

I have counted the number of records in MDM which leads to Multiple/exact Matches with the data in the excel sheet but it comes around 290.

I am not getting what could be the reason behind it. My import action is  when ever it counters a Multiple/Exact match ,update the records. In this case, the 141 records should update the 290 records present in MDM but here the case is 221 got updated.

Could someone please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I have couple of questions -

What is your matching field?Is it same as for previous import?

Have you checked at the details at individual record level under Import action tab?

Does the source have NULLs which are ignored?

Answering these you land you somewhere closer to the answer.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The reason you are getting mismatch in MDM Multiple/exact matches with the data may be because of Duplicate records existing in MDM system. I hope if you do a match and merge the mismatch issue could be resolved. After import you have reported that the record count is 221. make sure that the search criteria you have given for all those records is "=" and if more than 1 field is used in match criteria then all the fields should be given respective value and then you perform the search.

Thanks

vinoth