Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.31 - iFlow Query

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario in which I have one sender and two different receivers. The Sender is FTP and the Receivers are SOAP and FTP.

Both Receivers have different message structure but they are getting message from the same Source.

As a result, I have one Operation Mapping, one Multi-Mapping (1:2), One Sender interface and two Receiver interfaces.

So, I decided to use Recipient list option in my iFlow.

But the problem that I am facing is that as soon as I try to assign the Operation mapping to either one of the branches of the Receivers, the Interface from the first receiver gets duplicated on the target side inside the business component. I have only assigned the respective receiver interfaces to these Business Components.

This is shown below in the diagram.  I wish to get get rid of the "Metadata" interface present in the "MAIN" Business Component and I want to have multi-mapping present for both since data is going to both the Receiver systems simultaneously. Please let me know what do I need to do to correct this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, when you route the message to 2 different receiver systems, you need one message mapping per receiver.

A split mapping (1:2) will split a message and send it to exactly one receiver system.

Please have a look at SAP help | Defining Message Splits it will help to understand the concept. You need to implement a pattern as outlined in the last paragraph Routing the Split Messages to Different Receiver Systems, two receiver systems and one 1:1 mapping for each receiver.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thank You for your help. The link was really helpful !

Thanks,

Arkesh

Answers (0)