cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing pieces of graphical mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to do several mappings where pieces of them (segments) are common.

I have tried creating mapping templates, but they are useless since they take as source and target the whole path of message (ie: zadt_25.pidsegment to adt_a01.pid). It would be useful if the sources and targets were pidsegment and pid.

To help you focusing the issue... We are implementing the hl7 standard protocol in a hospital running SAP IS-H. IS-H sends customer idocs to XI and XI has to do the mapping to HL7 messages. HL7 reuses many common segments through the different messages (i.e.: patient master data).

Does anybody have a great idea?

Thanks in advance for your help,

David R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

to reuse the same mapping you need to export and import then after importing you can make changes in XI mapping if source and target has same fields othere you need to edit the XML file which you expoterd use the following techinque.

CTRLSHIFTRightclick tools , export to export . import to import

or you can use CTLSHIFT0 to get the java jar file and edit .

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Message was edited by:

Sreeram Reddy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your help.

I see that there's no "magical" solution but workarounds. I'll explore them.

cheers,

David R.

pd: Points rewarded!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

To reuse the existed mapping we have some following options ..

1.mapping template.

2.mapping tools

3.export the mapping into a file and reimport.

1. With mapping template we can create the existed entire mapping for same source and target data types are same.

it means suppose in you Idoc to idoc left side is same segment and the rightside also same segment then you can select both and create mapping template , later that can be imported into new mapping.

also with the mapping template we can create the entire mapping also as a template , if you import that template into new only existed can be used and unnecessary mapping can be removed..

2.Mapping tools is a option which was provided to export the mapping into a file to local folder , that can be reimported it later.This can be achieved by press the ctrshiftright click in mapping dataa editor.

3. The existed mapping program can be exported into a file and that can be imported into new mapping.

4. copy object into a new mapping object.

5.Create a XLST or JAVA , ABAP mapping program and later you can use it .. but you are using message mapping only..

6. you can export the existed messag emapping program java code into a jar file , that can be edited later..

7 similarly you can export into a xml/xslt and edit later import.

Please explain the correct requirement..

Regards

Chilla..

<i>Points rewarded if it is useful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

After done the message mapping in Dataflow editor CTRLSHIFTRIGHT CLICK

Tools->Export tools -> Export

give the name of the mapping program file names..it will create the .mte file in your local drive..

now if you want to copy the some of the segements mapping..then create the another message mapping

then import the .mte file common mapping will done

CTRLSHIFTRIGHT CLICK

Tools->Export tools -> Import (import the .mte file to copy the mapping.)

Regards,

Venu.