cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass upload of customs duty rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an issue with mass upload of customs duty rates (XML files) via the program /SAPSLL/TLC_CUSB_UPL.

Separate upload works fine but when we create a chain of background jobs the first job runs forever.

I have tried it with 2 jobs in one chain then with 3 jobs in one chain,  both scenarios were successful.

The problems comes up when the chain has 4 or more successive jobs.

The job then runs forever and we have to terminate it via SM37 or SM50.

When is the job canceled by SM50 it saves a job log which contains lines with message TK136: "Specify a request". This message  repeats itself until the job is canceled.

Could you suggest me a solution?

Thank you.

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Error message is the generic one. From the message it seems, system is expecting a CTS# to be provided or created. Which duty type are trying to upload.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

I have debugged the /SAPSLL/TLC_CUSB_UPL and found out that the message TK136: "Specify a request" actually really asks for a Transport Request.

Problem is that the upload of duty rates in dialog mode via program /SAPSLL/TLC_CUSB_UPL asks for a transport request. When I try to upload the file in background job the transport request pop up screen is suppressed and the system tries to find the last used customizing transport request in the table E070USE.

When the upload is executed in a background job via a system user (dedicated for background jobs) the system tries to find a transport request in the E070USE table but it is unsuccessful and the job continues in a never-ending loop asking "Specify a request" (the message TK136).

I tried to solve it by creating a transport request and changing the owner to the system user, but it didn't help ... no record was created in the table E070USE.

Do you have any idea how to get the transport request to the table E070USE?

Do you have any idea how to solve it?

Thank you.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, here is the solution.

Option A:

Answer from SAP's support:

"the file for duty rates contains two types of data:

- customizing data which defines the country groups.

- master data which defines the duty rate values and reference to

the country groups.

Depending on the system landscape defined, each customer can have own

client-setting in each system.

1) For example one has a central client for changes of customizing data.other systems must get the customizing setting transported

from the central customizing client, or local changes are not allowed.

2) In another example it is allowed changes to both types of data

for testing purpose."

... so, this settings can be checked/changed in t-code SCC4.

In case the second option is chosen, the system expects a transport request (TR) to be specified. Otherwise a system doesn't require any TR and the upload can run in the background.

Option B:

1. Create a background user of a type "Dialog".
  2. Log under this user into the system.
  3. Create a customizing TR and change some customizing (the change will be recorded in the TR). Then change the customizing back to state before. It will create the necessary record in the table E070USE.
  4. Log out from the system. Log in back under your user and change the background user type to "System".

Answers (0)