SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARTNER conversion through Emigall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have encountered an issue on conversion of PARTNER data using emigall into SAP. A wierd issue, may be you can help me understand why it happened and what should be done to avoid this.

Steps done

1. Upload file created with 50,000 records.
  2. Upload done through Distributed Import. (8 threads with 1000 records each)
  3. Only 13000 selected and processed with 70 errors.
  4. For the remaining it did not give any error nor a short dump error.

After looking around I realized several thousand records have been created in SAP and is visible in fpp2, but there is no entry in the TEMKSV table.

Issue

Records have been created in SAP and is visible in fpp2, but there is no entry in the TEMKSV table.

There are several 1000+ records which got converted but as there is no entry in the TEMKSV table. So I do not know which records got processed.

Re-running of the same file is not helping as its throwing error  "SSN number exists in BP XXXXXXX"

Have you encountered this before, how did you solve this issue.

Russel Monis

1 REPLY 1

ashvinder_rana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Russel, indeed this is unusual.

Without access to the system to help you more productively, few questions below for you that may help us analyze the problem and hopefully help you resolve the issue.

1. Did you verify the ISMW statistics for the individual/single  import jobs of the parent distributed job? We need to first ensure and ensure the statistics captured are correct. Usually if there was a job termination etc., sometimes it is only visible at the individual job level and not at the master distributed job level.

2. What commit interval did you allow for the individual import jobs?

3. Did you reconcile the counts from BUT000 and TEMKSV right after these jobs completed? What was the discrepancy?

4. Are you using set task local update in the Partner object?

Ash

Message was edited by: Ashvinder Rana Also, please check if SAP Notes 386235/400745 are applicable in your case. That is, perhaps if there were any lock table overflow.