cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead of multiple instances of an application

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi there,
I have an advanced question about WebDynpro for ABAP as I am working on a project that requires me to do a lot of dynamic work.
I will explain the general idea first and then follow with a few questions. My questions are regarding the efficiency and what architecture would be better, in no means am I asking how that should be done as the technical side is already existing. I am trying to improve efficiency on the whole application.
The application explained:
So the basic application is very simpel. We have this 1 main component that will embed another component and process some data and then render some results. The other component is embeded as it could be dynamic and in different cases embed a different component.
Main component
Embeded component

Content

The problem:
This basic application has to be present on the page multiple times. So what we have achieved is 6 seperate instances of this webdynpro application on the same page, just like this:
Instance 1Instance 2
Instance 3Instance 4
Instance 5

Instance 6

Now the question is, how much overhead will the create?

The other sollution is to make 1 big application in which the business logic would be executed 6 times and then the content would be rendered inside that 1 application multiple times. But is the efficiency of this sollution so much better than the multiple instances?

Is duplicating 1 application 6 times more efficient than having 1 application that does the processing 6 times?

I hope I was able to make my request more or less clear.

Thanks for any help !

Best Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I did not get the point why you want to create 6 different applications at a time...

According to what i get from you question is that you have one main component and in that component you will embed your sub component dynamically.

So all you need is to achieve the dynamic embedding of the component.

For example if on click of Tabs on the screen different components gets embedded on main component than only that component will be processed at that time.

Can you please tell why you have created 6 applications so that i can give more precised answer??

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason is described in the explanation/question...

Every instance is supposed to process something, and this has to happen 6 times over again.

So the question stays the same, instanciate one component multiple times and each of them will process their specific data or have one instance of a component process all of the data multiple times.

Like I said, this is working already, so I do not need technical help on how to achieve this.

I am trying to find out about efficiency. How to make things faster... Although I can already make certain assumptions, I wanted to try and see if anyone else would have an opinion or experience about this...