cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 - System Preparation adding SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I'm having problems configuring my Solution Manager 7.1 SP4.

In the System Preparation in the Step 6 Prepare Landscape, I'm adding the SLD Server. My company don't have a specific server for SLD so it will be configured as a local SLD in the Solution manager server (sapsol).

I updated the information and the first doubt is: which port do I have to use in the SLD?My system number is 51, would it be 8051? 3251?

Continuing with the preparations, a popup screen appear and the only user that I can log in in this popup window is DDIC. SOLMAN_ADMIN do not connect,SAP* and my user cant log in too.

Then some initial tasks appear and appears for me a 403 forbidden screen. How do I fix this?

Below the screens to clarify and illustrate the informations.

Information about the system SLD, which port to use?

Popup window

Logged as DDIC

Error wneh I click in one initial task

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Typically the standard port for SLD (most things java really) is 5<IN>00 where <IN> is your instance number.  So, following standard practice, your SLD port number would be 55100.

As for the logon issues and forbidden screens, you probably need to add further authorizations to your IDs.

Look for:

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR

If you want to, you can search for *J2EE*, *ADMIN* and *SLD*.

After you've added those roles to your ID, try logging in again and running the config.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add the roles via tx SU01, as they will also carry over to the java stack via UME.

Two other items to point out:

1. Try using 'sldapiuser' for the user in step 6.1
  2. Step 1 of System Prep assigns SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

What account are you using to run solman_setup?  It may be worth your while to add sap_all to the profile of that account get things setup and then remove sap_all.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem executing the UME Convert Procedure in SPRO and adjusting the login of SAPJSF user.

Regards

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Use Java admininstrator user i.e., j2ee_admin to avoid any conflicts in SLD preparation .

Regarding port You can use 8051 or 55100 port .

Regards

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've also added the roles to user DDIC and SOLMAN_ADMIN and still got the forbidden message...

Regards

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you do a screen shot of the solman_admin roles tab, we can compare it against a working system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the prints. Remebering that when I log after the setup SLD I'm only able to log with ddic user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Voiding,

You should be using the port  5<IN>00 where <IN> is your instance number as mentioned by Tony above.

Regarding the roles, Did you copy the client from 000 or 001? As far as i know 000 doesnt have the J2EE users like J2ee_admin and sapjsf which acts as a communication user for the backend.

To make sure that your Java connects to backend ABAP, you need to make changes to configtool and restart your App server.

Regards

Aditya

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you successfully applied: 

0.430SV-SMG1633725SAP Solution Manager - Basic functions of 7.1 SP412/27/2012

Also since this is a new setup, do you have a requirement to be on SP4 instead of jumping up to SP8?  I'm also starting to become curious on what service pack levels your java stack components are on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create a new client in ABAP stack and did make it as default client? If you did, then after creating a new client, you have to adopt the client settings accordingly for JAVA engine:

1. Change the ABAP System UME configuration of Client, Check com.sap.security.core.ume.service parameters  in configtool:
    • ume.r3.connection.master.client
    • ume.r3.connection.master.user
    • ume.r3.connection.master.passwd
    • ume.r3.connection.master.gwhost
    • Check SAPJSF user authorization profile (role+reconciliation) in ABAP client

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zaman, thanks for your answer

Yes I've created a new client in the ABAP Stack and made it as the default client

How do I execute the steps that you recommended?

"you have to adopt the client settings accordingly for JAVA engine:

1. Change the ABAP System UME configuration of Client, Check com.sap.security.core.ume.service parameters  in configtool:
    • ume.r3.connection.master.client
    • ume.r3.connection.master.user
    • ume.r3.connection.master.passwd
    • ume.r3.connection.master.gwhost
    • Check SAPJSF user authorization profile (role+reconciliation) in ABAP client"