cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid deletion of bom components

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to avoid the deletion of BOM components in Sales Orders ?.

When some BOM code is keyed in a Sales Order (creation or modification) , the system explodes the components correctly

but the users can delete any one of them generating business troubles.

I' ve cheched that when some BOM components is deleted in the Delivery, SAP gives a warning  message ( message VL119).

I know that one solution could be writing ABAP code in MV45AFZZ , but is there any solution using customizing ??

I 'll appreciate any clue

Regards

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213975
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I would try to use implict enhancement in include MV50AF0D form  delete_items_del_group to change message type, because ti tis hardcoded there  as 'W'. Sorry no customizing solution comes to mind.

Regards, Maria

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor Munoz!

You can easily achieve this with SHD0, by making that field mandatory, under a screen variant name and making a group and assigning this group to that particular user where you want to stop the deletion.

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards

A M

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear A M

I didnt get your point. Can you please share which field you are talking about? Which field the OP needs to do mandatory? He is asking about restricting users to not to delete sub items of a BOM material.

Secondly as per my knowledge we can assign SHDO variant in sale document type in VOV8. If we dont assign there, no screen variant works for sale order. So if we assign in sale order settings in VOV8 then how we can restrict it user wise.

I had once stucked in this and I didnt get any solution to assign sale order screen variant user wise.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM

The sub line item of the OP needs to be make grey or mandatory and thus user will not able to touch the same line item.

and yes you are rite about the SDH0 assinment, but in SDH0 you can you can make group (option available under the Variant Groups tab which is under Standard Variants tab). And this way you can restrict the same user wise.

Regards

A M

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other than ABAP coding in the program indicated by you, I dont think, there is an alternate solution

G. Lakshmipathi