cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charset problems with dispatcher / SP7

0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anybody with a running SP7 installation (SQL Server) please confirm that the dispatcher (on Windows) starts when you have a non-ascii-character in the rt-users Password (like the § Symbol?)

We found serious issues with that. With earlier SPs (in fact SP5) there is no problem. But after updating to SP 7 the dispatchers in the DEV-environment don't start anymore (with errormessage: login failed for user 'mxmc_rt').

There seem to be even more charset related issues at that point (constants containing non-ascii-characters are read incorreclty for example). We have these issues in 2 different environments.

Setting the -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 for the whole JRE doesn't help.

Does anybody know about this issue or can help solving it?

Best regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also had serious issues with a second install and found it to be an issue with special characters, my DBA had me change it and the issue went away; we never had time to go back and figure out why/how a development box allowed for special characters.

0 Kudos

After a bit more investigation we found the following issues:

- non-ASCII-characters in the password for the RT-user do not work in SP 7

- if in an fromLDAP/toLDAP-pass a constant is used that contains a non-ASCII-character as part of the ldap connection, eg. base dn: this will also not work as of SP 7

- if you use scripts in your job and the job uses global or job constants or hardcoded values in the script AND the script is saved in UTF-8 you get problems if the content of the constants or hardcoded values contain non-ASCII characters (so be sure not to save your scripts in UTF-8-format - maybe you need to reconfigure your editor).

I will also post an OSS message to SAP for this points.

Best regards,

Tobias