cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone change SLD information via scripts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a need to make a change to a SAP PI environment twice a day, in order that two different ECC systems can be utilized by a single PI system for development and regression testing.  

Currently I make the change manually:

SAP SLD -> Business System -> Integration -> Technical System ( change ).

Does anyone know of a way to make such a change remotely via a script?

I know there is a Fast Switch document for updating the PI Comm Channels remotely, but I can't find a way to do this in a script or code, etc...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you need a macro to do various clicks in the SLD web page; I have seen macro recorders a few years ago (never used any of them).  You could also give AutoIT a try and pull up the SLD, login, click the things you need to click and then close the web page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy,

No, not a macro.  I want something to run off the system itself, which reside on Unix servers, and I want it scripted via shell, perl, java, etc... so that I can schedule it.  e.g.  At 8:00 AM every morning I want to switch from ECC AX1 to ECC AX2.  With macros, I think it would have to run from a MS desktop or something... I want it to come from a crontab inside the Unix system.

Thanks,

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is a way you can script configuration changes inside of the SLD; my line of thinking is that if the SLD is down and your script tries to run, it can't verify changes are what you want to set them to be.

If you have a Windows system you could leverage, it would make things easier on you.

Perhaps someone else has an idea?