cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for events in result handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a create UI task that does automatic provisioning to two resources (AD, Database). Provisioning here is triggered parallel based on the role assigned and privileges linked to that (Add event tasks). Once both provisioning are success we want to trigger notification on success. So i have configured the notification task in chain result actions and enabled Wait for event tasks. What we noticed is sometimes the notification tasks are getting executed before the event task actually completes successfully. Where we are going wrong ?

Requesting for experts advice on how do we handle such scenarios ?  Requirement is like  Notification need to be triggered if both provisioning tasks are success and also user creation flow is completed fully.

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Follows should work:

1. Create an ordered task group direct under the web task.
  2. Enable the "Wait for event tasks" option on the newly created task group.
  3. Copy or link your notification task in the task group.

Besides I have seen in your screenshot that you have the validate task defined direct on the web task. Is there any special purpose for that? Cause the suggestion from SAP is to define the validation and provision tasks on the repositories / privileges.

BR,

Bin 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

I tried the scenario suggested but still notification gets triggered before the event task gets completed.

Role assignment here we are doing using an identity store pass in create ui task. May be because of that order in which it is executed is getting disturbed ?

It is the validity assignment task to update role properties (validFrom,validTo). Naming convention is not followed properly here

Thanks

Karthik