Did you mean: 

Sales Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

There is a business requirement as described below

1. Create inquiry

2. Create Sales order wrt inquiry

3. Delivery (no accounting document to be created i.e. COGS)

4. Enter POD (Proof of Delivery), COGS account to be hit here

5. Billing. The billing date / Accounting date should be Proof of Delivery Date.

Can you'll suggest on how to go about it

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI prasanna,

1. Create Inquiry:

Go to VA11 and create. This a document which is sent by customer for knowing more details/info about your product and terms and conditions of sales

2. Create Order wrt inquiry:

goto VA01 and then Go to With Ref to and select Inquiry Tab and put in your Inquiry No and Select Copy. System will copy all the data from Inquiry to Order

3. Delivery:

If you want to create delivery wrt Order then use VL01N and With out ref to order use VL01NO. Give the shipping point and Order No and enter.

4. To get POD: Proof of delivery. This is basically used so that you will be able to invoice only after you receive a Proof of delivery from the customer. This has to be configured in IMG. You have make the Delivery Item category relevant for POD. then only you can use this functionality

5. Once you get POD then only system will allow you to do Billing. this can be done using VF01

REWARD IF IT HELPS

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

When you do VL01N, COGS will get debited and Material will get credited. I want this accounting entries to be generated after POD

prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

any clues

prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasanna,

can you kinldy eloborate so that i can undestand better

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srini,

i know the entire process of sales from inquiry to billing document / accounting. the normal process is inquiry --> sales order --> Delivery (accounting of Cogs) --> Billing document (Accounting document generated).

What is required is as follows:

inquiry>sales order>Delivery (without Cogs)-->Proof of Delivery (accounting of Cogs) --> Billing document (Accounting Document)

prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Doc type In . In VOV8 of order type ref. man field hsould be IN. Make your delivery item cat. relevant for POD.

Create a table to maintain the POD received from customer. The maintained table value should be taken as billing date whil cretaeing billing doc for that customer. Use routine in copy control of delivery to bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create inquiry in VA11

In VA01 create sales order w.r.t inquiry

create delivery in VL01N

Proof of delivery VLPOD

Create Billing VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenibalet,

I know the process. But what I am looking at is that accounting document during Outbound delivery stage should happen only after POD and the billing / accounting document during VF01 should happen on POD date

prasanna