Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Comparision Showing Red inspite of running PFUD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I ham facing a strange situation where all roles in BW 7.3 production box are showing withe status as "Yellow". When I am running pfcg_time_dependency" the status is still the same both in foreground and background and status is still the same. . I am afraid somebody must have transported the Assignment and Personalization data .I have a had a look at  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3168913 but unable to get the right fix .

Is there a solution for the bug in my system ? Would be good to know . I am afraid if the role status is yellow , users will not have the most current status of profile into their user master 

Reg,

Anthony

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like the profile names have collided with other roles which have reserved the same name. What does the tp log say?

If the 1st and last (3rd) character of the system IDs are the same or you are manually naming the profiles instead of pulling a number range, then this is virtually guaranteed.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius, thanks for responding , import does not show any log and is successfull . The profile names are not matching with the system id however each role has a unique profile name and there does not seem to be any conflict .

How do I investigate further ?

Reg,

Anthony

0 Kudos

Then it might either be a UI problem (there were some a while back it it has quitened down now already) or someone ran Su25 steps directly in production? (Su25 should always be transported - but there might be some legacy inconsistencies).

Which release and SP are you on? What are the date stamps in Su25?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius ,

Both ABAP ,BW and Basis components are in release 730 SP Level 8 with highest support package being SAPKW73008 , I could not locate any related note for the same .

SU25 logs do show someone ran SU25 in production a couple of years back (2011) .

Reg,

Anthony

0 Kudos

What do the upgrade set look like in DEV? Back then, running step 2A turned every thing red which was affect and only clears when you use the merge function (step 2c).

If you complete the upgrade in DEV (starting the step will update the time stamp, but does not tell you whether the person actually did the work... but the gap between the time stamps of the steps give a fair indication...) and transport the upgrade via step 3 and then the roles then it should clear.

By the sounds of things, you should also use the cross syste comparison to check that the whole bang shoot is still in sync and bring all wanted development settings (SU24 is workbench requests) back to DEV if needed.

The report for cross system comparisons is: SU2X_CHECK_CONSISTENCY.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using derived roles?

0 Kudos

Alex , Hi !

No we are not using derived roles but only composites containing menu +data (individual +analysis ) + reporting roles.

Reg ,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.