cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Implementing Filtering on Dynamically Populated Table

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi All,
I have referred all possible help on SCN for filter implementation on a Java Webdynpro Table with basic reference to Peter Wignet's solution.
I am not getting any error but somehow things dont seem to work. I have some questions.
1. Since the table is dynamically populated I have to write code to put the filterValue in the column. I am using the following code.
    Is this  the correct way of doing it ?

2. What should be the column names in Source and Table nodes?

Since the table is dynamically populated, I tried debugging the code and in the TableFilter.Java class and whatever values are coming in attributeName(like DISPTEXTW1_W_Value, DISPTEXTW2_W_Value) for the iterations I assigned the same names to Source and Table nodes so that the below code does not through null pointer exception as it was throwing before.

if (attributeSource.containsKey(attributeName))

attributeInfo = (String) attributeSource.get(attributeName);

I don’t know whether this approach is correct, if not how to decide the names of Source and Table nodes?

3. How to decide the name of Filter Table node elements?

Is it related to the data type of the columns which are in the table?

Since the table is dynamically populated not much is known about the properties of the table.

I have tried almost all links available in SCN, but no luck.

Any help will be appreciated and rewarded.  Former Member

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Message was edited by: GAURAV SRIVASTAVA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gaurav,

Without knowing your context structure and table element configuration, it will be difficult to identify the issue.

You say - "the table is dynamically populated not much is known about the properties of the table". Does this mean that the context node and attributes are built dynamically?

If you are building the context dynamically, in your filter action, you can get the nodes dynamically using - wdContext.getChildNode(<node_name>, 0) and pass them as parameters for TableFilter.filter() method.

If possible, post more details.

Regards

Ranjith