cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME SDK 6.0 installation - Keystore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ME experts,

I have a situation here where we are trying to install SAP ME SDK 6.0. After the installation of SDK, when I tried to install the SAP ME Build tool 6.0 as a post installation step, I figured out that the installation of the Build Tool requires a Keystore which is provided only by SAP at the SDK Training.

Does this means that I can install SDK and Build tool only if I attend the SDK training from SAP? Is there any other way of acquiring it to proceed further?

Also, I noticed that the installation guide for SAP ME Build tool 6.1 does not have the Keystore as a pre-requisite. Does this mean that we can install 6.1 instead of 6.0 without a keystore?

Please help me in this regard, as I could not find any information related to my question other than the installation guides.

Regards,

Gita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gita,

SDK 6.0 and below requires the keystore (provided during training) for signing your extension to production environment. If it is only DEV environment for experimenting(Proof of concepts) with ME extensions then you don't need to install build tool. you can go ahead with extension building using Ant which are part of eclipse.

Regards, Eshwar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tim_drury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gita, SDK 6.0 and below require using the keystore (provided during training) to sign extension jars that you've written.  SDK 6.1+ uses NWDI to build extensions and no longer requires the keystore.

-tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tim,

Is there any other way of obtaining the keystore from SDN or Service Marketplace by not attending the SDK training?

Are you aware of any SAP ME SDK training that might be coming up in the next few months of the Asia Pacific region?

Regards,

Gita

tim_drury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure you only get the keystore during training because it is tied to a vendor code that is assigned to you then.

I don't know when training is scheduled, but I can ask the person responsible when this might be happening.

0 Kudos

Hi Gita,

I am not aware of any SDK training in APJ atleast in the next 2 months. If you forward you contact information, I can see if we can arrange for one if there is lot of interest.

Regards,

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sundar, my e-mail id - gita.chhatri@gmail.com

Really appreciate if there can be a SAP SDK training arranged.

Thank you,

Regards,