cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation view scripting..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If we do any data manipulation at calculation view level, after executing the manipulated data can be saved in the HANA table level?

In BW system routine was written to manipulate data, after manipulating data can be stored in BW Infocube.

I'm published that Cube into HANA modeling studio and about to do calculation view scripting. If do data manipulation at Calculation view level

Can I get correct data and does it wont affect other objects which are using the same table as source.

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Whenever we build calculation view, it gives the result based on logic we write and  the tables or views we used in it. If the table gets modified then in the calculation view, we always  get the latest data. Also all the information views built on that table will reflected to give changed data if the conditions are met.

We can modify calculation view based on the requirements.

It is not possible to manipulate data (like update/insert/delete) using Calculation view (either SQLscript or Graphical). The only way to manipulate data by modeling is using procedure.

Regards

Raj

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

The question you are asking is not clear.

In SAP HANA you write stored procedures to transform data like we do in SAP BW with transformation / ABAP. You can call stored procedures independantly or in complex scenarios you can execute stored procedures inside script based calculation views. Designing such complex calculation views needs careful design.

Please provide additional information on your requirement so that I can guide you better.

Hope this helps.

Rama