Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling for standard sap proxies

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know we can handle errors for standard sap abap proxies by creating bpm in PI and request an application acknowledgement.

is there any other possibility to handle error for standard abap proxies.

Regards,

pradeep A.   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Check with AIF.

SAP Application Interface Framework is a powerful framework for interface implementation, monitoring, and error handling (Proxies, IDocs) with Transnational Error Resolution capabilities.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_aif20/helpdata/en/aif_index.htm

Regards,

Neelagiri

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

for outbound proxys: You call them in a try and catch block of an ABAP program. Usually you catch at least system exceptions and application fault with the standard exception classes. If the PI interface is using explicit an fault type you can as well catch the corresponding errors.

inbound proxys: You code inside the generated class. You can raise explicit exceptions and fill fault message types. In case of application errors you should give the sender a corresponding information.

/Udo

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo/Demitri,

Thanks for the information but i hope that will be applicable to customised proxies, I am especially looking on standard SAP abap proxies where I can not change Abap code or use the code in any other class.

I am using same SAP provided proxy class with all the methods, tables etc..

The standard proxies also throws the alert but its restricted to sxmb_moni, I want to capture those application errors and raise an alert so that it can reach to end user.

so can you please list out the possible options in PI as well as in backend sap systems to capture those alerts.

Regards,

pradeep A.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inbound or Outbound proxy?

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

I guess every standard SAP class has it own exceptions available. Just make sure the caller program catches the return.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

You can catch errors on the back end system within you ABAP coding.

On PI, everything will be captured within the integration engine or the adapter engine.

Kind regards,

Dimitri