cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process to upgrade from SAP IDM 7.2 SP6 to SP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently having SAP IDM 7.2 SP6  and we want to upgrade it to SP7. We don't have a development environment first to upgrade it SP7 and to test the functionality. We have to do it directly in production. So, can you please let me know the step-by step procedure to upgrade so that I can carry on the upgrade without messing up.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

If you look at the documentation the upgrade process is discussed in some detail, however here's the basics:

1. Make sure the system is backed up based on your current backup procedures
  2. Stop all dispatchers and event agents
  3. Uninstall the old DESIGNTIME and RUNTIME components
  4. From the new version folder locate the database folder and select your database type (SQL Server/Oracle/DB2
  5. Run the appropriate upgrade script (check the Database specific PDF file for information on customization and detailed procedure)  You'll probably need to engage your DBAs on this as well.
  6. Install the new DESIGNTIME and RUNTIME components
  7. Verify the new version is installed through the MMC Console (you should notice the change in version on the splash screen and then when you go into look at the ID Store
  8. Restart your dispatchers and event agents

This is all out of my head without referencing the documentation.  Before starting this process in any environment, please review the relevant documentation.

I'd also recommend getting a development environment ASAP.  It makes testing and improving your IDM system easier and safer.

Good luck!

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I wouldn't even begin to attempt an upgrade of live without a test system. I would make this a priority before the support package, and this will give you a safe way forwards, following the route Matt suggested.

Let us know how you get on.

Ian.