cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive creation of Application user in SCC of Sybase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!!

How can I do massive creation Application user in SCC.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

It’s not clear WHY you want to do massive registration. Is it for some kind of testing you are doing or is it for any productive scenario?

1. If it’s just for testing purpose (and you are using http channel), then you can just insert a for loop in your application code to create multiple users.
  2. If it’s a production scenario and there are many users, then it’s always suggested to go for “Automatic Onboarding”, where the user’s get created in the SCC automatically, each time an end user provides proper credentials.     

Knowing the proper scenario might help us in suggesting a better approach.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I need a quickly way for created 300 "Application user" in the SCC insted of create it one by one. Please look at the picture attached in my post.

thanks.

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

As noted in an earlier response, you can use the Admin API to do so programmatically.

0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

David is correct regarding the Admin API. This is what I use to create 200 application connections at a time.

http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/86228808/file.html (Sorry, no way to upload file here. Sybase used to host the Admin API file on their website, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.)

Import the project into the Mobile SDK and modify the parameters specified in the RegisterApplicationConnections.java file. (i.e. supHost, supAdministrator, supPassword, usernames, domain, code1 - activation code, etc). After that, select "Run as Java Application" and it should start creating users on the server. Unfortunately there is so success message, so you will have to check in the SCC if the users are being created.

Hope that helps.

Jerad

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not aware of the business scenario for creating multiple users at the same time.

But, I can suggest ways to achieve this.

1. If manual registration is what you are looking for, one user can be created and thereafter you can

select the user and click clone. This will create multiple users .

2. If you are using native SDK/ http channel, redeploying the application with different application id

( sent each time) using header "X-SUP-APPCID" will generate multiple users in scc.

Thanks,

Sharvari

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sharvari,

for your first option, (while doing manual regis) if i select clone , it will create a user with same existing name. right?

for 2nd option,can you plz elaborate more on this approach?

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe as part of Administration it may possible. because..... Registered users are stored in some document. By updating that document we can update 300 users. i guess..... just a small thought.

Regards

GI.

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two strategies you can use

- automatic registration

- using the Admin API to programmatically add users instead of using the Admin UI (SCC) to do so manually

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

how it is possible? could you please share some piece of code/document for 2nd strategy you mentioned above

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

what do you mean by Massive Registration?

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I mean to have a quickly way for created 300 "Application user" in the SCC insted of create it one by one.

Thanks.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this way its not possible in SCC.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

It is possible, it is known as automatic registeration, in real world scenario, it is not always possible to create all the user manually,

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

i am aware of automatic registration.

i would have understood Natalia's question wrongly.