Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandbox for development webdynpro JAVA

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to develop some webdynpro's JAVA but i don't have acess to the my company server. So i need to create a sandbox at home. It is possible ? I have to install SAP NetWeaver Compostion Environment 7.3.

Anyone can help me ?

Thank You in advance

Miguel Silva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

ask your basis colleagues to install a Developer Workplace installation to your laptop.

This includes a Local J2EE Engine (a client type one, i.e. this cannot be used as a server side productive engine, but only to deploy and test the software locally) plus an IDE (Sap NetWeaver Developer Studio, usually just referred as NWDS).

This way you can start your webdynpro java development on your laptop and test it in runtime too.

See the installation guide at:

http://service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP NetWeaver --> SAP NetWeaver 7.3 --> Installation --> 2 - SAP NetWeaver Systems --> Installing NW 7.1 or Higher Dev. Workplace-SW Prov.Mgr.1.0. PDF

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thank you very much for the reply, i just add more this information.

http://www.yousaytoo.com/how-to-install-a-local-sap-netweaver-developer-workplace/1906011

Best Regards

Miguel Silva

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I am trying to understand that what will be the licensing arrangement for a Developer Workplace ?

Can you pls redirect me to appropriate docs ?

I am wondering that if my company bought a SAP CE 7.3 license, can the same be further reused for Developer Workspace installation on individual developers' machines ?

Thanks and Regards,

-Amol Gupta

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

when it comes to licensing related issues the first thing crosses my mind is the note:

#94998 - Requesting license keys and deleting systems

IF I remember well, in case you have an engine licensed already, then you can use NWDS without any additional licences but I am not sure about DWP (Developer WorkPlace installation).

I hope walking through the above note helps you or gives a hint.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

7.3 CE server available in the downloads section at the top of the page for developers.

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amoi,

Thank you for the reply, but the SAP NetWeaver CE 7.3 currently is off line. I can't download it now.

Best Regards

Miguel Silva