cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use netweaver system database to create our application tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi masters

please is there any problem if I use the database of the netweaver 7.3 to create the tables to my MII applications ?

I used to use MDO instead of database tables, but I have face much errors and difficult using that.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Extending to what Rohit said, if you create a data server with DataSource connector and if the XMIIDATASOURCE is its data source then,that the friend tool comes in picture and MII would not be able to access external tables..

However, I had faced a similar situation where I had to create tables in database and had to use them in MII. Since my DB was MAXDB, I had created tables using their MAXDB studio, then created a SQL Data server in MII using IDBC Connector.

The IDBC configuration I had used is on the image above. Make sure you upload the proper DB driver in MII's JDBC Driver's screen.

The JDBC Driver fields and Server URL may vary from DB to DB you could find it from the vendor website.

Regards

Tufale Ashai.

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

You can create the tables and use them also in MII applications.

But remember that your DDL commands i.e. create table commands should be executed within MII

otherwise the tables would not be visible to the queries in MI.

Can you share why you found MDO so problematic that you do not want to use them?

Regards,

Rohit Negi.