Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Managed Systems setup for non-SAP DB on solman7.1sp6

Gurus,

We have a few Non-SAP oracle DBs that we want to monitor via solman.

We have a solman 7.1 sp6 system.  I have setup the DBs to show up in LMDB via hostagent/Diagagent, setups, etc.

I can see the DBs in the "Managed System Configuration" for the Database(s) TAB.  The LMDB info looks perfect.

So I go to "configure database", within managed system setup..

step #1, the diagnostics agent is correctly assigned,

step #2 named "enter system parameters", I have added the DB host, service name, port number, TNS name,  and user name / pass.

But when I try to go "SAVE" or go to the next step, it checks those setting I entered, but I get the following error message:

Database connection (MYSID): User XXXXX does not have administrative or monitoring privileges.
Connection already exists but without administrative or monitoring authority.
Provide new user name and password with administrative or monitoring authority.

I mean, what is it looking for here?  this user definitely has what I think are privleges way beyond what any DB user would need.

But what does it need really?  what other logs can I look at to figure this out?  I have13 other DBs setup just like this, and they all get this error.

And, if I do need to open a message, what component would I use?

Thanks,

NICK

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Nick,

When setting up Non-SAP Oracle Databases, try running the following steps.

1.)  Create user and user tablespace on the target database, ex SAPSR3 user, PSAPSR3 tablespace

2.)  Download and run sapdba_role.sql user (where user is the user account created in prior step)

3.)  From an Oracle sysdba session run, grant sapdba to user; (where user is the user account created in prior step)

4.)  Add the Non-SAP Oracle target database to SolMan's tnsnames file

5.)  Proceed with Managed System Configuration

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question