cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Systems setup for non-SAP DB on solman7.1sp6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We have a few Non-SAP oracle DBs that we want to monitor via solman.

We have a solman 7.1 sp6 system.  I have setup the DBs to show up in LMDB via hostagent/Diagagent, setups, etc.

I can see the DBs in the "Managed System Configuration" for the Database(s) TAB.  The LMDB info looks perfect.

So I go to "configure database", within managed system setup..

step #1, the diagnostics agent is correctly assigned,

step #2 named "enter system parameters", I have added the DB host, service name, port number, TNS name,  and user name / pass.

But when I try to go "SAVE" or go to the next step, it checks those setting I entered, but I get the following error message:

Database connection (MYSID): User XXXXX does not have administrative or monitoring privileges.
Connection already exists but without administrative or monitoring authority.
Provide new user name and password with administrative or monitoring authority.

I mean, what is it looking for here?  this user definitely has what I think are privleges way beyond what any DB user would need.

But what does it need really?  what other logs can I look at to figure this out?  I have13 other DBs setup just like this, and they all get this error.

And, if I do need to open a message, what component would I use?

Thanks,

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

When setting up Non-SAP Oracle Databases, try running the following steps.

1.)  Create user and user tablespace on the target database, ex SAPSR3 user, PSAPSR3 tablespace

2.)  Download and run sapdba_role.sql user (where user is the user account created in prior step)

3.)  From an Oracle sysdba session run, grant sapdba to user; (where user is the user account created in prior step)

4.)  Add the Non-SAP Oracle target database to SolMan's tnsnames file

5.)  Proceed with Managed System Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

PERFECT!  thanks james, that did it!!

NICK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does User XXXXX have the correct security/rights setup on the DB server to log in?

For my landscape the MS SQL admin had to allow login access from SolMan to the various DB instances; if your DBA reviews the logs in Oracle to verify what SolMan is attempting to access with the user account you are specifying.

Review the following as this SCN member also had similar issues with DB cockpit connections; turned out to be a service pack issue on the application side, but some of the things I mentioned may help fix your issue.

http://scn.sap.com/message/14107099#14107099

Message was edited by: Billy Warring - added the URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy,

thanks for the reply.  I looked at what you wrote as well and the other thread you referenced.  At this point, our oracle logs aren't giving us much info.  we're going to try to bump us the trace tomorrow on the oracle end to see if we can make any progress.

--NICK