cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Tuple field records between Original and Checkout versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm quite new to the MDM Tuple concepts and trying to implement a multi-valued tuple in place of an existing multi-valued Lookup qualified flat field.

We have a validation to compare if the lookup qualified field was modified between the original and the checked out version. The validation goes like this:

IF(IS_NULL([Original].Lookup Qualified Field.[Record]),IS_NULL(Lookup Qualified Field.[Record]),[Original].Lookup Qualified Field.[Record]=[Original].Lookup Qualified Field.[Record])

The above validation works perfectly fine.

Now I have replaced the lookup qualified field with an equivalent tuple field and populated the data from the previous lookup qualified field.

I then tried to implement the above validation on the tuple field as given below:

IF(IS_NULL([Original].TupleField.[Record]),IS_NULL(TupleField.[Record]),[Original].TupleField.[Record]=[Original].TupleField.[Record])

However this is not working. The comparison of the TupleField.[Record] is always giving False and the validation fails.

I also tried the below approach, however this also fails always.

HAS_ALL_VALUES([Original].TupleField.[Record],[Original].TupleField.[Record])

Both the validations fail even if the checkout record is untouched and the validation is run immediately after checking out.

Is there a way this validation can be implemented successfully, using the MDM validation expressions?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread since SAP confirmed that this is a bug and will be fixed.