cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download NetWeaver 2004 installation media ???

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

since a few weeks I have been trying to build a lightweight installation of NetWeaver, that would work on a very low-performance

computer. Hence I've decided to go for NetWeaver 2004.

As I have been experiencing severe trouble during the installation on Linux / MaxDB, I wanted to give a try of an installation on

Windows / MSSQL. Although, since today, the NetWeaver 04 section has been removed from the Installations on the SAP Marketplace.

PLEASE kindly advise how it is possible to download this? Thanks A LOT !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

I have searched the site and to are unable to find it. you will need to raise a message to sap and request it or you will need to use NW 2004s

Best Regards

Marius

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

OK, a different point of view then...

I already have NW '04, Linux, MaxDB. In order to install NW '04, Windows, MSSQL, thinking logically,

I'd need:

RDBMS - don't know what is native to NW '04, but I could use MSSQL 2005, provided with NW7.

Kernel - this one is available

Installation Master - this is what I'm really missing. Could the IM from NW7 be used to install 6.40?

Installation Export - I believe that this is cross platform and DB independent, so I might use the one I already have...

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Symon,

for the same reason I opened an SAP OSS message to provide the software required, but I think it will only be available in the form of physical media, so a little delay will be unavailable. I hope the shipment will not be billed too!

Best Regards,

Valerio

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

thanks for the reply. But it is very very hard to believe, that it will be available only on CDs...

When it was available on the marketplace just until a few days ago...

Once they deliver it to you, I would be VERY thankful, if you could share just the Windows IA32

Installation Master with me.

P.S.: Could you pls tell me which version of MSSQL Server comes officially with NetWeaver 2004?

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Symon,

SAP in response to my OSS message created a special entry in Marketplace with the software I need.

Valerio

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply! How could I contact you? Can I PM you? Are we allowed to exchange mail addresses here ?

Would you kindly send me an e-mail: regaeton(at)ymail.com

Thanks a lot !!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To me it looks like they had a name change between SP11 and SP12.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TRIALVER/SAP+NetWeaver+Trial+Version+ABAP+(Windows)