cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Operation date for inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

There is some requirement for date record in the inspection. Is there anyone who has some idea about this requirement?

My client is a branch company whose main business is export trading. They don't have a specified plant. Their main aim is to purchase the exactly goods for the other branch in the other country and perform the quality inspection for the supplier during manufacturing.

Business scenario:

After issuing a purchase order to a supplier, my client will arrange some inspector to the supplier's plant to perform the inspection during the supplier's manufacturing. Currently I'm using the source inspection function for this situation. And this kind of inspection will last for a very long period, from the beginning of manufacturing to the end, about 3 - 4 month. In this period, the inspection plan will be arranged according to the supplier's production plan.

For example, the welding period and painting period are parts of the manufacturing. The welding will be finished in June, 6th. So the painting inspection will be start at June, 7th. And the painting period will be finished in July, 10th.  So the painting inspection will be start at July, 11th.

Question:

For now, I have created operation 0010 for welding inspection and 0020 for painting inspection.  And I have assigned this inspection plan to the inspection lot. But how can I record the date for each operation? How can I know for which date I should perform the 0010 welding inspection and for which date I should perform the 0020 painting inspection? And is there any standard way to calculate the date for each operation ? Like using the inspection start date, inspection end date and delivery date?

Thanks for any advice and suggestion.

Regards,

Rudy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend you develop a report program.

The program will work like below..

1.Select open purchase order and inspection lot for each operation

2.The logic in program calculates the start/end date for each operation

3.By user or by background the program will generate an inspection lot for each operation

(inspection lot, purchase order, operation data in custom table)

Regards

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have to trace the date & duration of operation. you can't maintain in operation wise.

you have to maintain in characteristic level like in operation 0010 welding process there are 2-3 chara. here you can maintain the Insp.start date & end date.

For the 1st chra. maintained start & end date in Inspector, inspe date & time icon, then same mantained till last operation.

Same maintained for 0020 & 0030 operation.

then you have to developed z report & fetch the value of start date for 1st chara. & end date for last chara. in same operation.

Check the screen shot for your reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

There may be some misunderstanding for my question.

What you are talking about is to record the inspection date and inspection time in result recording.

This can be considered as a record after the inspection in reality.

But what I mean is that how can I plan the date in the inspection plan.

That's to say I need to settle a planned date before executing the inspection in reality.

The inspectors should learn the inspection date from the Inspection Introduction or Inspection Lot.

They have to know which operation or which characteristic should be inspected on which date before their inspection, but not after the inspection.

Thanks again.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There really isn't a "good" way to do this as inspections lots aren't tracked by dates on an operation level.

So I see two ways maybe to do this and make it a bit more visible.

1 - inspection points. - Use the provided SAP FM's (copy and customize), to pre-create two, three or four IP's (what ever is necessary), basically one for each operation.  In the IP identifiers, for each IP, you insert the planned operation start date for each operation.  I.e. IP identifier for the first IP shows a date of the planned start date of operation 10.  The IP identifier for second IP shows a date of the planned start date of operation 20, etc.. etc..  The IP identifiers can be seen in the various work lists.    The downside is that in each IP, you'll have irrelevant characteristics for the other operations which don't need any results.

2 - Create multiple inspection plans representing each operation.  Assign all the same usage.  I'd set them up in the same Group, but with different group counters.  So you'd have GROUP 2345, with group counter 10 - Welding, Group counter 20 - Painting, Group counter 30 - Final.. etc etc.....

When the source inspection lot is created, utilize a user exit to select the appropriate inspection plan base on an indicator.  You'll need an indicator, (maybe a batch characteristic), to track the current production step. So create a characteristic like PROD_STEPS.  Make your values 10, 20, 30, 40, etc.. The initial default value for the batch would be 10 when the batch is created. 

When the inspection lot is created, it will have all the plans under group 2345 to pick from.  Use the user exit to select the group counter 10 if PROD_STEPS characteristic = 10.  Assign group counter 20, if PROD_STEPS = 20, etc. etc....  You would also use a user exit here to update the start and end dates with the appropriate values which you would get from the production plan.

When the UD is made, have a UD follow up action increment PROD_STEPS to 20 and create a new manual inspection lot.

A slight variation of this might be, once the order is released, is to use a user exit to pre-create all required inspection lots in advance in the same manner as above, but just do it at at order release.

FF