getting NON SAP DB into LMDB solman 7.1sp06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We are running:

Solman 7.1 SP6 SAPKITL706

AIX 6.1 64 bit

Oracle 11.2 DB

We are doing well to monitor all our SAP systems/instances/DBs, etc.  All the SLD/LMDB things seem to be OK.

Now, we want to montior some stand-alone oracle DBs that are not SAP DBs at all.

This server had 18 Oracle 11g DBs.

AIX - 64bit OS.

So, I installed a SAP Host Agent (then patched to 720 p140.

setup the connection to the SLD, which does work.

Then, I installed the NW7.30 diag Agent (not sure of the patch level).

And configured it to connect to our Solman system using P4 connection.

So now, I can see the host in the SLD and LMDB.  But I only see 14 of the Oracle DBs in the LMDB.  I see no reference to the missing 4!

I can run this command at the OS level of the managed system, and it does list all the DBs that I would expect to see:

saphostctrl -function listDatabases

Also, I can clearly see in the /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/dev_sapdbctrl log that it does see the db's and actually detected all of them.

But still, those 4 DBs, I can't find in Solman LMDB/SMSY, etc.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips for me regarding this?  if not, which component do you suggest I open a message with?

DBs are not clustered!  I have checked out all these notes:

Note 1031096 - Installing Package SAPHOSTAGENT

Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

Note 1829024 - Inst. 7.30 SP3 - Diagnostics Agent installation

Note 1292836 - Logfiles of the SAP Hostagent -->  hostexec/trace = 3 and service/trace = 3 GOOD info on stop/start settings

Note 1611483 - SolutionManager7.1 - Outside Discovery common error messages

Note 1113545 - Problems with SAP Host Agent --> shows how to bump up trace

Note 1649092 - DB6: Connect Non SAP NetWeaver DB to SAP Solution Manager

Note 1738283 - SAP Solution Manager - Monitoring of database clusters

Note 1712468 - DBA: Outside db discovery support for virtual hostnames  --> already have the note w/ our SP level

("database outside discovery"), detect databases

Note 1783805 - ORA: Outside discovery does not work if IP is specified --> I did apply this one

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3208677 --> good thread about outside discovery, we can see ALL DBs in the host agent using cmd: saphostctrl -function listDatabases

THanks

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is strange behavior, I have Sybase databases being monitored and showing up within the LMDB and the SAP application is SUP (odd process to get setup); but I can go to the following workcenter location and see information related to it:

Solution Manager Administration > Landscape > Databases (radio buttons under Type Selection) > on the right are a list of all DBs in the LMDB.

I would also like to point out that I am on SP08 for ST and my SAPKITL (ST-PI) is on SP07.  What ST release are you on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy,

I figured this one out.  Actually what was happening was that SOLMAN saw the "push" come in from the DAA for those particular DBs, but the DBs had an "alias" set for the hostname which didn't exactly match the real hostname of the host on which the DAA and hostagent were installed.

So in the agent logs (/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/log/smdagent_trace.0.trc), it kept saying:

An exception occured during the execution of the function 'FM_DIAGLS_PUSH_DATABASE': The Host '

MYALIASedHostname' does not exist

So, I ended up going to the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files for those DBs and changing the alias to the real hostname, which matches the "host" for the solman saphostagent/DAA agent, etc.

-anyway, thanks for responding

NICK

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For future knowledge you may of been able to set the fqdn to the alias, unsure if there are downsides to doing this, but it should be possible to add hostnames/alias addresses.

Answers (0)