Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Names in Process Chains

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am aware that different types of jobs (BI_PROCESS_ABAP, BI_PROCESS_DROPINDEX, etc).  Is anyone aware of a way to customize the name of a job in a chain?

For instance, I have several process chains that run 8-20 jobs in parallel and I'd like to be able to see "JOB_1," "JOB_2," etc.

I appreciate any input.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

you have to use transaction rsm37 instead of sm37. There you can see the names.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice weekend.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert,

This is a real insulting discovery 🙂

Never heard in a decade about this useful t-code.

Presume 9 in 10 are unaware of this !

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Robert,

That gives me what I need.  With some careful variant naming, I can see exactly what is running for all my parallel jobs.

Thanks.

Jeff

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Thanks for your feedback.  I think I need to be a bit more specific in my request.  I need to change the job names as they display in SM37.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

You can try this, from SM37, enter the Job name and check Released check box, execute. Select the Job from the menu Job -> Change. On the next screen hit "Step" , select the program name and then again hit "Change", on the top of the next screen you should see the job name and other fields, change it and save it.

Thanks

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I think there should be neat and easy way to adopt process chain description as Job name.

Please publish if you discover something. I know this is irritating. SM37 shows RSPC_PROCESS as the name for all process chains.

Thanks

Borat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go the tcode "rspc", there select the chain and click on edit botton (pencil icon). There you might be able to change the names of the jobs but do check whether you have the access to do the changes in that process chain.

Do let me know if this helps u.

Thanks

Ankit