Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody have experience with following situation:

- 3 SAP Systems (Dev, Test and Prod)

- 3 third party Systems (Dev, Test and Prod) but only

- 2 PI Systems (Dev and Prod)

Is that possible at all?

How can that work if 2 layers are at the same XI? Do we have transports? What is about the case a business process is sending? The same process must have to receiver determinations - is that handable?

Regards,

Udo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udo,

It should work.

For your Quality SAP Systems, you will need to create the corresponding technical and Business Systems and like wise for the non SAP systems.

If you are using the Dev XI box for Dev and Quality and you do not want to manually recreate the objects ( configuration Scenario ) then by making the Dev objects belong to a different group and pointing the Business Systems of Quality to the Dev group, import of Integration Directory objects into same environment as Development should work .

We had a case when we had the same source SAP system to be used across Dev and Quality , and different target SAP system for every environemt and were able to do this by making sure that the common business system is in the correct Integration Server Group at the SLD level during transports.

Yes, it doesnt make sense to have multiple SAP systems and one XI box as in your case as the same IR content is going to be used and it beats the oncept of separate Unit and Integration Testing, but , this is technically possible if there is no way out.

Regards

Bhavesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bavesh,

it did not get everything you explained

I think about following:

I define group DEV and TEST and assign them to SAP and third party systems. Now i define transport targets and transport from my DEV PI system into the it self, the DEV PI system. This should work for normal Business Systems, as the objects would be changed by the defined transport targets, but, and this is my main problem, is in case of Business Processes? You cant define a transport target for them, how can this work?

Can you give some more explanation about your solution?

Regards,

Udo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udo,

Your explanation summed up my solution. You got it correct Udo.

><i>but, and this is my main problem, is in case of Business Processes? You cant define a transport target for them, how can this work?</i>

Aaargh, did not think about this at all.You cannot rename the BPM's in these cases and so the receievr determinations etc will be shared across the 2 BPM's.

One option would be to use Conditional Routing ( on the basis on the Sender System ) etc but again this would cause more work and is not a best solution as again when moving objects to production you would need to undo the conditions etc.

Apart from transporting the objects and then manually making changes to the Config Scenarios having BPM's , I dont think there are better solutions.

If the number of Interfaces are less, then it is feasible, but if the number of interfaces are high , dont think it is worth it.

Maybe someone has better ideas.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)