Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm working with Visual Composer 7.3. I have some questions to ask:

1) I created a new model with my user into Local repository. How can someone else see my models? I tried to put the models under Shared Repository, but if i logon on VC with other user i don't see the model. How can I sharing the models?

2) I configured my portal with NWDS(from windows-->preferences-->SAP as Java-->i've added my portal). Now I want to download my development component(DC, create into Visual Composer) from the portal into NWDS and work on all models from NWDS. What configurations should I set?

Please help me!!

thanks a lot

Gianni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

2) check this document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28272

Regards,

Vasilis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

i have another two questions:

1)When i create a new user into portal to work with VC, i set the "VC role" but when i login into VC i get a error message, that i'm not enable to work into VC. I also have to assign "system admin role" at the user. it's correct?

2)In VC 7.3, i can import query from JDBC system, but are only stored procedure. Can i write also selct when i import the query?As 7.0 vers.?

anyone help me for the 1point of previous questions?

best regards

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your questions:

1) The name of the role is VisualComposerUser.

2) Sorry, I don't get that. What do you use? A Query or a Stored Procedure? Where do you like to 'write also select'? What did you do in 7.0?

Regarding point 1 of your previous questions: It should be visible to all VC users as soon as you add something to shared repository.

Best regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my second point i meant: i want to write sql code in VC into table(or table that are into JDBC system). Like VC 7.0 that there was a SQL Editor; i see that in VC 7.3 there is on menù-->BI SERVICE-->Quey wizard and when onpe popup there is a option/message:"build an sql query for a JDBC system". I set my JDBC, but how can I do to write SQL code?

best regards

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

You could just write your query there in text, according to what tables you have in the BI_JDBC system (you could see them using the Search Panel)).

Note: I can't verify this right now - sorry - but you might need to refer to a table by <DB Name>.<Table name>

But it's easy enough to check...

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

ok, from "panel search" i search my backend system(JDBC store procedure) and import my query.

how can I do to write SQL code from VC into DB table?

Please send me a guide step by step...

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

Gianni

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

Here are the steps:

1. BI Services menu => Query Wizard => Build SQL Query.

2. Verify that the correct BI_JDBC system is selected (in case there is more then one).

3. Write the query according to available tables.

4. Verify / OK.

5. A Data Service is created in the model for the query. Connect whatever model elements you need to it.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UDI,

thanks for your support. Please follow for this last questions:

In my VC  when i select BI Services menu => Query Wizard => Build SQL Query, i don't see nothing BI_JDBC System

From VC button search, i see my JDBC system ad my BI system

How i set the BI_JDBC system in my portal? Can you send me a guide?

Best regards

Gianni

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gianni,

In general you should define a new system from template BI JDBC system. I'll see if I could find specific documentation on it.

Thanks,

Udi

Answers (0)