cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting on a master page - Vanishing code bug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. When writing a FormCalc script on a Master Page field, like a text box, after I save and activate my form the script disappears from the Livecycle GUI. When I check the XML Page and look for that specific field, the script still exists on the XML and works as though it should. If I were add another line of code to the script in Livecycle and activate again, the code would once again vanish but would be appended to XML making then two <event>s with different bits of code in them.

Just wondering if this is a known issue or what.

I am using Adobe Livecycle Designer 9.8.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

I am using the latest version (10.4) and have no issues. If you run ALD standalone, do you still have the issue?

You can copy the complete XML source to notepad and save it as an xdp file. Re-open it with the standalone version and try if you still have the same issue.

If it still occurs, create a support call @ Adobe. That should be a ALD bug then. There might be patches for ALD on SAP marketplace as well...

Good luck!

Noel

PS. In notepad (or notepad++) you can remove the strange event codes and combine it together. But that can be tricky, so make a backup often!