cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate monthly report with technical monitoring alerts to send by email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have configured technical monitoring and we need to send by email or download a
report with all the alerts generated in one month.

In SLR we can't select this alerts and interactive reporting not generate a report.

Any solution?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could leverage ITSM inside of solman for this purpose; just change your templates to also 'auto incident' for everything you are currently getting notifications on.  I would assume at that point you could use the ITSM reporting which may have more SLA reporting then the alert inbox/system monitoring.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Came across this doco:  https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001194612012E

Scroll down to Chapter 6 in the table of contents - "ITSM BW Reporting"

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

Have you solve what is asking Sir Mata with BW Reporting ? how you can collect information from technical monitoring from ITSM BW reporting if reporting is for Incident information and not for technical information from notification inside the alert ?

Can you share some screenshot about your BW reporting ?

thanks,

Luis

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have ITSM setup at the moment, but my thinking is during the 2.3 of System Monitoring to trigger an incident when a alert is triggered, based on metrics/thresholds for that template.  At which point ITSM BW reporting should work for pulling up the alerts for a particular month; Raul Mata doesn't have to use the ITSM for service calls so the tickets may need to be mass closed at some point, but it should be a way to collect the information they are looking to obtain.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Billy, but i found that the use of that information from the number of incidents just created from MAI it's not a best practices for reporting, you only can get a collect from the number of incident but anything else.

Really I'm surprises that MAI are not included on SLR reports.

Anyone know why MAI are not in SLR reporting ? or a workaround for include it ?

Regards,

Luis

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lluis, that may be out of scope for what Raul was asking about, he wants the number of alerts that are triggered in a month time frame.

Not that a SLR report of the MAI isn't worth it, just out side the scope of the question, IMHO.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are right Billy

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had another post like this one come up, curious to know if this method works for either of you.

In Technical Monitoring > Alert Inbox > Click on the 'Reporting' button and open in a new window.