cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR Leave approvals app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Am completely new to the mobile apps development.

So kindly excuse.

We are trying to build a new mobile app which is similar to SAP HR approvals, but only the Leave approvals part.

In order to accomplish this what are the services which need to be invoked in the SAP Side. Consider the app is built and we need to get the data from SAP side, what are all the methods available.

In other terms how 'API' can be done to get the Leave approvals part?

Note : we are not gonna use SUP to interact with SAP.

@Admins : I am posting the same thread in SAP ERP Human Capital Management (SAP ERP HCM) too, since its related to that module.

Kindly delete the post where it does not belong or move it to the correct place.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the application development standpoint I can help you. Since you told that you are not going to use SUP in the middle-ware the solution will be through NW gateway. The NW gateway will be used to connect mobile devices with the SAP system. NW gateway exposes Odata services, this Odata services has to be parsed in the app to show the data in the mobile device. Libraries related to these are available based on the Mobile OS you are going to develop.

So you have to develop Odata services for each scenario in the app. You can find more information and tutorials in this forum itself.

Recently SAP came with there SAPUI5 based apps ( known as FIORI ). You can think of those architecture too.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thanks a lot for the reply,

I will check about Odata Services and get back to you for any clarifications.

---------

Gurus,

Any other help related to HR side, What are the transaction/services which need to be invoked in order to get the pending leave approvals details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepan Mahendran.

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No sure there is an open interface provided by SAP to the ECC HR database for custom leave apps

You would be best to check out the SAP mobile products forum for ideas

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/content?filterID=content~objecttype~objecttype[thread]