cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Customized Storage Type Search for Putaway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to have a customized storage type search during putaway. During Transfer Order creation, we want to change the Storage Type Indicator that is pulled from the Material Master, based on certain pre-conditions. Can you please suggest a User Exit for achieving this purpose.

I have seen the below exit. This appears works for stock removals. Will this work for stock putaway also? If not, can you please suggest suitable user exit if you have worked on similar requirement

• MWMTO008 Storage type search for removals

Regards,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Please try ths.

MWMTO003

Customer-defined putaway strategy

This task allows you to create and implement your own putaway
strategy.

also refer the link for existing Exits in WM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/f83a294afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Mohamed

We are not prototyping in the system yet. One question is : I was in an impression that it works for the customized putaway strategy once the storage type is selected. However I am looking for changing the storage type search itself, even before going to the putaway strategy. Our putaway strategy within the storage type is known, but want to change the search sequence' based on say workcenter, derive the storage type indicator

Do you know if this works for changing the search as well?

Thanks

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Where exactky you want this ,is that when stock receiving /removal for or from production.

The Menu "Activate storage type search" and let me know the scenario of the requirement step by step and then there are chances that you may get some work around.

Please let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Mohamed for reply.

Here is the Scenario : This is for Production Receiving. A given material can be produced in different work centers. If Work center 1 is produced, then it is required to be received to storage type A, If the same material is produced in Work Center 2, then it required to be received to Storage type B.

Ideally the putaway strategy triggers once the storage type is finalized in the search sequence. So, I guess the enhancement should work to derive the right storage type say by modifying the storage type indicator from material master.

Hope this provides more clarity

Thanks!

Surya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check user exit MWMTO007 - Palletization and storage type search for putaway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Adding to Mohammed, you can also check the information in the IMG documentation about the user exit for putaway strategy.

IMG->LE->WM-> Strategies-> Putaway strategies-> Develop extensions for Putaway Strategies. Click the documentation to see the details.

Regards

Vijay