cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Setup package Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried creating setup package for individual User.

However it is giving me error in Log viewer.

1. Level 0010 tc.mobile.admin.bl : Message:Creation of virtual mi instance failed.

2.Level:0050 tc.mobile.admin.bl.setup: Message:Reading the location of the packages folder failed. Cannot continue with package generation.

3.Level:0050 tc.mobile.admin.bl.setup Message:The property MISP is not configured. Check settings of service Configuration Adapter under the root mobile_setupGeneration

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks and Regards:

Neha Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

1. Check whether you have deployed NWMCLIENT mobile component using SDM or not.

2 and 3. Open the visual administrator of the J2ee. Goto -Connection Adaptor under cluster. Goto mobile_setupGeneration node. Goto general_mandatory and give entries for MISP and MITEMP.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for ur reply,

The 2 and 3 error is gone. But the 1st error is still there.

I would write down all the steps i have done please let me know where the problem is:

1. In Webconsole i went to Mobile Archive Convertor generated a SDA file from WAR file for type framework and application.

2. Then Mobile Componets reloaded both files.

3.Then In Device configuration created a device configuration called ESBFR for framework and added a condition called Windows CE PPC MOBILE 2003

and also created a device configurtion for type application with parameter sets.

4. Then created a Hieararcy group with both device configuration.

5. Created a Setup package with Platform as Windows CE PPC Mobile 2003 and Persistence layer as FileIO.

KIndly help me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Your mistake is in the first step itself.

For Setup packages, the framework mobile components are deployed by deploying the NWMCLIENTXXXX.sca using SDM tool. SDM tool is part of J2EE server installation. NWMCLIENTXXXX.sca can be downloaded from service market place. goto

service.sap.com/swdc -> click on Support Patches -> Entry by application group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP Netweaver 04 -> Entry by Component -> MI Client -> Mi Client 2.5 -> OS independant and download NWMCLIENT of the SP level you are going to use.

For example

NWMCLIENT18P_5-10002889.SCA

This SCA file needs to be deployed on J2EE server using SDM tool.

After deploying the SCA file. goto Netweaver Mobile Admin ->Mobile Components and click on Reload button. Now the NWMCLIENT is ready to be assigned to a DC. Now follow other steps as you have done before.

It should work.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for ur reply. It was very helpful.

Just wanted to ask I have 2.5 SP18 package . So should i downlaod NWMCLIENT10_0 expicitly. Will not that be included in package already.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

It is available in the service market place. I am sorry I do not know whether it is included in the package. I think you are using NW04S. In the link provided above, instead of going to SAP NETWEAVER 04 goto 2004S, It is available.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks a lott . I just checked with Basis we are using NW04 . My basis team could download the file and deploy it using SDM tool.

But now it is giving another Error saying ""The uncompressed webpath of mobile component MAU with version R01 could not be found"" R01 is mobile component for framework.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Just check whether you have deployed MAU with Version R01.

You might have just assigned it from an existing mobile component which

may not be availabe.

It looks like, you want to assign MAU application to setup package.

1. You need to convert the MAU war file to SDA file using mobile archive converter.

2. You need to ask your administrator to deploy this sda file in j2ee server using

SDM tool.

3. Press reload button in mobile components screen.

4. Now create a new DC for application and assign this mobile component to the DC.

5. Assign this DC to the hierarchy group.

6. Now Create setup package.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I have used two mobile components one of type application(Version R02) and Other type framework (Version R01) . For R02 Version i have done the same thing as u mentioned Below. But R01 my basis team downloaded the NWMCLIENT from service market place and deployed it using SDM tool and i reloaded it .

Thanks and Regards,

Neha kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

There is some mistake in understanding here.

Framework will be always MOBILEENGINE_JSP OR MOBILEENGINE_AWT. and not MAU. There is no need to create an sda file for framework. The mobile component for Framework will get created when your basis administrator deploys the NWMCLIENT. Once it is deployed reload it.

Please follow these steps.

1. Create one DC, assign MOBILEENGINE_JSP (mobile component) with version that is deployed, say 1002 (If SP10 Patch 02). Assign OS condition to this DC.

2. Create one more DC for Application, Assign your application as before.

3. Assign both the DCs to the hierarchy group.

4. Create setup package for one of the users in the setup package. may be MI_SERVICE.

There will not be any framework mobile component with version R01. It will be something like 1903 which means SP19 Patch 03. R01 may be the one created by someone which cannot be used for Setup package.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A lott...

Prashanth the problem has been solved actually my Basis team forgot to inform me that they have deployed the File to development server and i was trying to find it in quality server.

Thanks a million . U were very helpful. I am creating setup package in Development server hope so it works..

Thanks and regards,

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Now when tried creating the setup package .It gave me CABWIZ_INSTALLATION

parameter not configured .. I donot have CABWIZ_INSTALLATION on my mobile device. I tried downloading it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads > Windows Mobile >SDK for Windows Mobile 2003-based Pocket PCs

but it is giving me error...

"This installation package cannot be opened please contact the administrator to verify it is valid windows package"...

Can u please tell me other way to install it..

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I will give you a link. But It is not from official Microsoft site. You can try it. It works.

http://www.trajectorylabs.com/ppc_cabtools.zip.

If you unzip this, you get 3 files. copy those three files in a folder, eg. C:\cabwiz

Go to visual administrator and give this folder as value for the parameter CABWIZ_INSTALLATION.

It should work.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

The setup pacakge got created for individual user. It gave a device id and device name . I installed the setup package and copied in cabfiles folder of mobile device.

Allthough the device has application which i have mentioned in setup package when i go to settings on mobile device the device id and device name are different.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I think you have created MDI setup package. When you install the setup package on the device and synchornze, you will get a new device id. It is normal behaviour of the setup packages.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashantha,

I created a setup package with indivadual user and MDI not set. I copied the cab file and double clicked it . Application for this setup package was xx. It worked fine.

Then I created a setup package with MI_SERVICE user and MDI set. I copied the cab file on same device and double clicked it. It gives an error

"The file \MIzbin\agent.dll" is in use or is in ROM . If the file is not in ROM please close the application using the file"

And setup package didnot get installed.. The application was xx+1.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

You have to uninstall first before installing new setup package cab.

Regards,

Prashanth

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please open a new thread. The thread title and the posts are not matching.

Regards,

Prashanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please have a look at the installation guide SAP MI 2.5 SPS19 (New Technology) which you can find at http://service.sap.com/instguides -> Netweaver 04 -> Installation.

Page 146 Allow the creation of Setup Packages:

There are 3 mandatory parameters ME_JAVA_HOME, MITEMP AND MISP that you should set in the configuration adapter for node Mobile_setupGeneration in Visual administrator.

Please read the whole chapter Mobile Device Installation Using Setup Packages as of page 144.

Kind regards,

Jeroen