Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have certain questions in SAP MI:

1. Can we set timeout on SAP MI password and Mobile device password.?

2. If we set a property that After every 15 days SAP MI Password should be changed How would it effect Mobile device password?

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

Please find the answers

1. Can we set timeout on SAP MI password and Mobile device password.?

You can expiry a users password in the middleware but this cannot be done in the client.

2. If we set a property that After every 15 days SAP MI Password should be changed How would it effect Mobile device password?

There is no direct way of doing it. But instead you can send a System News i.e send a message from the server to client asking users to change their password using the Manage Passwords link on MI Home page.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

Thanks for ur reply.

I want to know if i change the Password of my server (We are using NMQ and NMD here) What will happen to mobile device password.

According to my knowledge The username and password of Server ie SAP MI and mobile device should be same.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi neha,

your local MI client password would not be affected unless you are using your

local MI client password as your sync password. if you have changed your user

password in the MI server/s you need also to use your new password when

synching your client. if you are using the local password option (i.e. using your

local password as sync password) you need to update your local password as

well to match your sync password.

hope this help.

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

Just adding one more point to what Jo said, if you change the server password and user who is performing a sync doesnt know that his password has been changed and syncs with the old password itself, then sync will result in an error stating that Server logon failed; User name or Password incorrect. To resolve this problem there are following 2 cases

1. If the local password and sync password are different, then just ask the user to sync with the new password.

2. If the local password and sync password are the same, then as Jo mentioned, you have to request the users to change the local password on the client.

Hope this helps and clarifies your doubts. Do let us know if you have further queries.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

Thanks for your reply.

On Windows we often get a message saying ur password is getting expire after 10 days . Do you want to change it?

Can we implement the same on uor Server ie SAP Logon . If it is possible then if the password gets expires then how will client ieMobile device is effected.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

Answers (0)