cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't excute a batch job in SAP business objects data services to extract data from SAP ERP and load it into SAP HANA database .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I would like you to give me some adveice about the title .

I have four servers . One server has SAP HANA DB Server1.0 SP5. The other server has SAP BOBI Platform4.0 SP5 and SAP BO DataServices4.0 SP3 .The other server has SAP ERP 6.0 . And the Another sever has HANA Studio and SAP GUI and BO Client Tool/DS Designer . Each connection setup has be done .

And now , I would like to create a batch job in SAP business objects data services to extract data from SAP ERP and load it into SAP HANA database .And I would like to excute the batch job . Importing SAP ERP Metadata into SAP BODS is OK . Creating a new DataStore for HANA in SAP BODS is OK . Creating a batch job in SAP business objects data services to extract data from SAP ERP and load it into SAP HANA database is OK . But the batch job isn't be excuted .

When I excute the batch job , I select Job Server . So there was the error message "The job server that you select is not runnung " .

I don' know where I check the job server ? The Server Manager ?

Please tell me some advises .

Thanks in advance .

Best Regards .

Kazuki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kazuki,

Could you please try this:

Start -> Programs -> SAP BusinessObjects Data Services -> Data services Server Manager -> Click Configuration editor ->  Select the job server -> Click Resync with Repository -> Click Resync -> Provide password and click on Apply.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Thank you for reply .

I tried the above procedure . And I could resync jobserver with repository .

But the error massege  "The job server that you select is not runnung " has appear yet .

I took the above procedure in the server that has has SAP BOBI Platform4.0 SP5 and SAP BO DataServices4.0 SP3 (=BO Server). Should I take the above procedure in the server that has  HANA Studio and SAP GUI and BO Client Tool/DS Designer(=Modeling Server) too ?

Please tell me some advises .

Thanks in advance .

Best Regards .

Kazuki

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kazuki,

While you do Resync, you can see the Jobserver Name and jobserver port.

When you execute the job, the same you will see before executing the job.

Are they same or you seeing something different?

If still they are same, then better create a new job server with correct credentials.

If you want to use the existing job server only then send screenshots of jobserver name and port in Job server properties and also the onw which shows before executing the job.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Thank you for reply and I'm sorry for late reply.

I created a new job server . And the error message didn't appear !

The batch job was excuted without error !

Thank you very much !!

Best Regards .

Kazuki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kazuki,

Can you check if there is a firewall blocking the connection from your DS designer to the bobj DS server?

Please take a look at note 1416303.

We had a unique case once where even though it said the job server was not reachable, we still saw that DS designer created the table in HANA. If there is no firewall blocking and the table did not get created, then I would agree with Raj that creating a new job server and connecting to the newly created job server should resolve your issue.

Cheers,

Sharan