cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Process Order qty in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to change the process order qty in APO from the Planning board and I get the following pop-up:

Can somebody explain me the meaning of each option "Reexplode Order" and Adjust Order Proportionally"

Thanks

Chuck11

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Chuck,

yes if you trying to change any process order or production order quantity , this pop up will generate.

Because a production order is a confirmed and firmed order. For this order you'll get order reservation for  the components.

So of course if you going to change the order the Component quantity is also going to change.

1st option: Re explode order means you are going to reschedule your Dependent requirement also, because it'll explode your PPm/PDS, which means it'll take the BOM and routing explosion which will recalculate the dependent requirement again according to the change in quantity of  production order .

2nd option; It'll not explode the PDS, which means you are not concern about your orders  component quantity and duration. it'll not re calculate the dependent requirement quantity according to change in production order/process order quantity.

Regards

Debashis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Debashis. I verified your explanation in the system and you are correct.

Option 1 is single level , whereas option 2 is multilevel explosion.