Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman ITSM vs CRM ITSM

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fellow Members,

I am interested to explore the CRM ITSM features of Solution Manager 7.1. I have configured solman ITSM before and it is very good in handling SAP centric issues. Now I want to explore purely CRM ITSM features. So, below are the Transaction Types available in Solman 7.1

Solman ITSM: SMIN, SMPR, SMRQ , SMIV, SMIS ........ etc

CRM ITSM:  ITIN, ITPR, , ITCH, ITIT ... etc.

My question: Have any of you explored the CRM territory of ITSM features in SM 7.1 system? Any feedbacks, inputs?

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

CRM is big ocean like Solman and I am not sure why you are doing this analysis

there will be several features like ERMS Email respose mgmt service functionality will be there in CRM system by default but you can't use in solman unless customer get the license for it

similarly there are lots of processes of CRM from Sales/mobiliy etc point of view etc which are integrated with ITSM but Solman can't offer you all as its not CRM rather it offers integration with ALM processes like test management.project mgmt etc

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks,

I understand CRM is a big ocean. The situation is my customer wants ITSM in place but not the solman ITSM, the plan is to utilize the CRM portion of solman to setup CRM ITSM along with Interaction center features. So do we need extra license to setup CRM ITSM in the solman ? The idea is to achieve something like this below

As a solman guy, I have implemented solman ITSM for many clients but CRM ITSM or interaction center stuff is pretty new to me.  So I am looking out for some documents which say 'what we can do' and 'what we cannot do' in solman purely CRM ITSM point of view.

Best Regards.

Vivek

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you got a bit confused when you say ITSM because even in solman it is based upon CRM only

The diff is not all the features of CRM system will be available to you in Solman system like i have mentioned earlier. that is why even you search for doucments you won't get it anywhere because these 2 are different technologies. Even if you are looking for a document what is in solman ITSM and what is in CRM ITSM a comparison ...you won't get it.

e.g  lead or quotation management etc are not available in solman

this is what i was trying to explain not all feature of CRM system are available in Solman System  for ITSM. If you remember service desk earlier version of solman are also based upon solman only but then again you can't use the entire service desk in solman like you can in CRM system.

As a summary you need to understand what all requirements customer have if you are telling me all above as per screenshot move to CRM system not even try in Solman

or integrate CRM and Solman ITSM to ALM processes integration in addition to crm functionalities.

Think like you are comparing BW system and solman BW. Can you really compare? NO because the purpose it different.

I hope it has given you a clear picture if not let me know

Regards

Prakhar

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You Prakhar for that detailed answer.

Now I am clear on the CRM portion of solman. Just out of curiosity, how 'complete' is the solman inbuilt CRM when compared to standalone CRM 701 system in terms of functionalities?

And what about the licensing if we want to explore CRM features of solman beyond standard ITSM/ChaRM features?

Yes, client wants all of above functionalities present in the screenshot. So I am going to suggest the client to go for a separate CRM system as you adviced and not to mess around the existing solman system. Main concern here was, if solman inbuilt CRM can hadle all the scenarios mentioned in the above screenshot, then it would save some bucks to the customer. Right?

Regards,

Vivek

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friend Vivek,

The explain of Prakhar is really good about why to compare that both solutions, i can't add now anything more about ITSM under CRM.

As we know from SAP confirmation is that, as you indicated Solution Manager is on CRM701, and if the customer have license to use/setup CRM functionality, you will be able to setup all this in the CRM stack of Solution Manager, Interaction center, ERMS, Sales f... like you can do with BO and BW, mobile, etc...

The benefits that give you to use ITSM on solution manager is that, you can use all ALM functionalists as indicated on Nathan Book; on CRM you are not able to manage system landscape from LMDB or all workcenters that solution manager have.

As a first impression, i think that the correct and to get more benefits from ITSM it's better to use Solution Manager option, i'm just checking also the benefits to use it on CRM, but I'm just starting, if i found anything interesting i will update that post or send you via mail.

Regards,

Luis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you archived that Vivek ?

that link show some features but don't have really good information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/0d/531976ded8475b8d29e36b4f771f58/content.htm?frameset...

More links Vivek:

A 2010 video from David about ITSM. (old but interesting)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/shop?rid=/media/uuid/d0776b8a-a2ab-2d10-6dbe-fd496e9e71aa&overridelay...

And a link to the presentation.

http://sapvod.edgesuite.net/TechEd/TechEd_Vegas2010/Collateral/ALM102.pdf

Regards,

Luis

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

We are in talks with SAP to understand what we can achieve with respect to CRM ITSM in Solution Manager system. Once we have some breakthrough I would share detailed information here.

Regards,

Vivek

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek,

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just found that on ALM210 ITIL compliance, page 45:

http://bit.ly/1c7UL9S

Scope

SAP Solution Manager is part of the support contract. The scope of the usage rights depends on the maintenance agreement. The usage rights are release-independent.

SAP Standard Support covers Incident & Change Management processes for SAP componentsonly.

SAP Enterprise Support covers IT Service Management processes for all ITrelated assets, applications and infrastructure which customers use in conjunction with any SAP Enterprise Support solution (=“customer solution” Details see SAP ES agreement).

–If one IT asset type (e.g. printer) is part of customers solution, then all IT assets from this type are included.

Usage beyond this scopein SAP Solution Manager might need additional SAP CRM licenses. forDetails contactyourAccountExecutive

Functionality

The SAP ITSM functionalities which can be used from SAP Enterprise Support customers are synonymouswith the SAP CRM license package„IT Service Desk Operations“

–“IT Service Desk Operations” covers typical IT Service Management processes, e.g. Incident-; Problem-; Change-Management; Knowledge Management, SLA Management; etc.

–Usage of ITSM CRM WebClientBusiness Roles is included in SAP ES, but not IC WebClientBusiness Roles (e.g. Call Center)

–Any CRM Master data (BP, Org. data, ibaseobjects, products, etc.) and its synchronization with CRM middleware is included

Named user licenses for ITSM processing must be at minimum “Limited professional application user”. All Web Self Service users would not need an additional SAP user license.

Any CRM functionality beyond IT Service

That is from a presentation of 2011, just need to know if it's still valid for 2013.

Regards,

Luis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any new about that Vivek Hegde ?

Answers (0)