Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom OVS

former_member210804
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed one OVS for the attribute 'DATE' of type Datum.

based on F4 value( date ) , i need to fill the internal table and bind it to dropdown element.

Is it possible? if yes, please give the solution.

Best regards,

Rao.         

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

First of all its really strange that you have created OVS for Date type field. And i am not very sure how you have done that. But if i take case for another custom field than in OVS event handler method there are four steps where you write the code.

So in 4th Step you can catch what value the user have selected, than you can fill your internal table there are can bind it with your dropdown context node.

I hope this is what you want to implement.

According to me it would be better if you do this scenario via freely programmable search help. Make a button SELECT in your F4 component. Catch that SELECT functionality, fill and bind the internal table in that event handler.

Regards,

Vishu Agarwal

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

There is a ton of information on OVS available a simple Google search away. You can for instance have a look at the web dynpro component DEMO_VALUE_HELP for an example of an implementation of OVS.

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha ,

when create an attribute of datum type it automatically  take input help of calender help type .so i don't think  that there is any need to create OVS for date.