cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Call from SAP Sourcing - Wave 9.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have requirement to call web service from SAP sourcing wave 9.0 to send supplier authentication details to some other system. I heard it is not possible to call web service directly from sap sourcing and we need to deploy custom jar while installing application. Did any one has similar case or any one tried to call web service from sourcing 9.0?

I hear sourcing 9.0 is using CFX framework instead of axis. Please provide some suggestions to know whether is it possible to call web service from sourcing 9.0 directly or indirectly.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

calling a web service from SAP Sourcing is possible. As of SAP Sourcing wave 9, AXIS was replaced by the CFX framework. This means that you would need to generate and deploy some custom classes (JAR) before you can call them in a script.

So technically, yes it is possible to call SOAP web service but it would require a deployment of a custom JAR.

To add to, I would like to mention that a web service framework will be one of the key new features that will be released in wave 10.

Bram

Answers (0)