Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Consignment Process with Down payment Requests

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are currently using the consignment process but we would like to send down payment requests to the customer before the Consignment Fill-up. And the down payment should be cleared with the final billing document (after the consignment issue).

Has someone implemented this scenario before? Any hint of how could be done?

We can't use condition based down payment (we don't really know if they would help) as we are currently working with SAP 6.0 (no enhancement package yet implemented).

Thanks in advanced,

Fortian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fortian,

Please check this SAP Help Link if it can work for you..https://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/dd/561648545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Thanks & Regards,

@bhinav

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link you've provided me is about standard down payment process which we already know and doesn't include the consignment process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fortian,

I think in your sales order you can use the first line item to create a dwon payment request (FAZ).

So that the in the document flow you can see the down payment against the sales order.

After the final billing is done the down payment is settled against the bill, through FI.

Note:- Down payment clearing has to be done through FI.

Also you can explore of creating a contract and doing a down payment against the contract, and then creating sales orders for your consignment process w.r.t the contract.Please let me know your response on the same.

Warm regards

Aadesh Kamat

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any idea of how this process should be approached from a SAP point of view?

Thanks

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During consignment Fillup, material ownership still lies with the company unless you do consignment Issue, so you can create a down-payment request

If it is a business requirement, then you have to make some changes in

Item category KBN ( standard) too enable milestone billing

and assign Billing Plan

Assign Billing relevance as I

and some Billing Plan setting needs to be changed accordingly

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fortian,

Considering your process requirement,

if sending prior invoice before the actual issuance of the product is required -- Proforma Invoice can be used.

For the Final invcoing - Use the normal Invoice document type.

Reagrds

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We don't want to send a proforma invoice. We want to send a Down Payment Request (FAZ document type). Is not the same.