cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a scenario that our clients creates a service notification and the number ranges should be alpha numeric for which first 3 would be month like jun , jul etc and the next 4 should be the day and year like 2013, 0113.

I got stuck like every month the number ranges should be changed and new series needed to be assigned as the first 3 should represent month.

Could any one provide me solution pls.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible as per SAP standard to have Alpha Numeric number range.

However, in order to cater to your requirement you can think of uding the "External Reference" if any and have a logic to fill the External Reference filed as per your requirement - based on your System date.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks For your reply,

Could you please tell me in brief what is that " External Reference"?

Do you mean to say I should go for an Enhancement?

Appreciate your help.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome. Yes, you need to go for enhancement as it is supported by standard SAP.

With respect to the External Reference - Please refer to the Service notification table - QMEL - Field name - REFNUM.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Follow path to define an External Number Range:

SPRO --> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --> Maintenance and Service Processing --> Maintenance and Service Notifications  --> Notification Creation --> Notification Types --> Define Number Ranges

For Number Generation Preparation

Please refer to
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/ed/14503e1dac5b46e10000000a114084/content.htm

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George ,

Thanks for you Answer.

I can create an external number range and add assign that to order types, But  here the pain is every month and every day  the number ranges need to be changed as the order number should have both month and day for example june month day 1 : jun01 September month day 16 :  sep16.

Appreciate your help