cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration of Suppliers: Transferring Supplier from SRM to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using SAP SRM 7.0 SP2 with ECC 6.0 EhP 6 as our blueprint demo system.

We are planning to use RoS process without SUS for managing bidders & suppliers. We would have standalone bidders (w/o associated vendors initially) who might be converted to Suppliers after award of bid and would have to be transferred to ECC vendor master. I would like to understand the exact method/functionality/means to transfer this newly created vendor in SRM end into ECC.

Please note that we don't plan to use SUS, hence SUS --> ECC --> SRM path is not an option.

The help document on RoS mentions "The Supplier data can be transferred to the Business (SRM Server) and can be transferred manually from there to the SAP ERP system". Does this mean that we can use Business Partner Change Monitor to push this newly created vendor in SRM into ECC, thereby associating it to the already existing vendor in back end ?

Staying on BP Change Monitor, currently when I attempt to update vendor in ECC, the "Transfer changes to back end" button stays greyed out for me. Screenshot attached. Do I need any special role to enable this ?

My 3 pain points are mentioned in italics and please feel free to correct my understanding anywhere, if misplaced, as I have not implemented this before. There are a lot of threads flying around on SCN, but that coupled with help docs has only left me a little confused 🙂

Awaiting responses as I need to suggest this ASAP. Goes without saying, points assured for helpful & correct answers.

Many Thanks for your inputs,

PD.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priyadarshan,

We are struggling to transfer the vendor from SUS to ECC, after clicking on TRANSFER button.

May i know what are the settings which we need to do for transferring the Vendor from SUS to ECC.

Please help. We are stuck.

former_member219695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You can replicate vendor from SUS/ROS to ECC using PI.

In SUS side , you need to send vendor data through PI using following interface.

http://sap.com/xi/SRM/SupplierEnablementSupplierPortalTradingPartner_CreateOrChange_Out

In ECC side , you need to use the following IDOC to receive the data sent by PI.

Z_CREMAS_SUSMM.CREMAS03

Thanks

Shuvrajyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Shuvrajyoti.

We have already done these settings. Still we cannot transfer the Vendor to ECC.

Any other clue?

former_member219695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Where did you stuck?

Once you click on "Transfer" button,check SXMB_MONI in PI.If its ok in PI , then check WE02/WE05 in ECC whether IDOC generated or not.

Please make sure that entry in table BBP_BACKEND_DEST in very important here.You can the SAP recommended settings in below blog.

BBP_BACKEND_DEST settings - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Shuvrajyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are stuck in PI. In PI the message triggered in SXMB_MONI is showing error.

So, I would like to know if there are any specific settings to do in XI. If yes, can you please post those, so that I can compare our settings and with settings provided.

former_member219695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Our PI team has done the following to make it work.

1.Create a communication channel 

2.Create a Receiver determination channel

3.Creating an interface determination

4,Create the Receiver Agreement

5.Creating the Configuration Scenario

Thanks

Shuvrajyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also having the same issue.

Did button "Transfer changes to Backend" has been enabled ? If yes, please let me know, how it is enabled.

Regards

Venkatesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Venkatesh,

Just check if the SAME business partner have a corresponding ECC vendor. Transfer Changes button should be enabled for existing (linked with ECC) suppliers.

Regards,

PD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Priyandarshan.

So only if vendor exists in ECC, it will be enabled. We cannot transfer the new vendor from SRM to ECC directly. It has to come from the SUS to ECC.

Please confirm, whether my understanding is correct or not.

Regards

Venkatesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

There is no standard way to transfer newly on-boarded suppliers from SRM to ECC.

I believe you are in classic scenario. Yes, you will need the RoS component within SUS client (no need of full functionality of SUS) to have new suppliers register. Registered suppliers will then be pre selected by buyer and will replicate to ECC via XI. From ECC you can bring them to SRM.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

PD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priydarshan,

Thank you for your reply.

We are using Extended classic scenario.

We want to use the ROS as below, could you please let me know, is there any constraints in this approach?

•          Vendor registered in ROS and accept the potential supplier in ROS.

•          Create bidder in SRM by using the potential supplier in ROS.

•          Create contact person for that bidder.

•          participate in bidding.

•          If we want to accept that bidder, then convert that bidder to supplier.

•          Then transfer the vendor from ROS to ECC system and link this ECC vendor in SRM business partner.

•          All these linking will be enabled in the Supplier business partner.

•          Once it is replicated to ECC, FI team will be adding the company code and purchasing org data and then replicate back that vendor to SRM.

Is there any alternative or simple approach for this?

Regards

Venkatesh P

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Theodosios Miliotis,

This procedure can be achieved without any constraints if you are going through standard process.We also did the same implementation but for registration we used the custom WDA development.So that's different issue, if you are going through the standard procedure then you wont face big issues other then few points I would mention where I faced .

1. Enhancing of Pre-Select Screen as it was providing few data's of the vendor .

2. Pricing Procedure (still working on with SAP).

3.Transfer of supplier from SRM to ECC as we don't have XI.So we are trying to implement through BADI.

Few more were there as per requirement which goes.

Best of luck !

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Can you please clarify below questions:

1) Can we transfer the vendor from SRM to ECC, if we have XI?

2) If yes, how to notify FI team about the new vendor creation in ECC system?

Please clarify.

Regards

Venkatesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I have seen, there is no standard way of transferring supplier from SRM to ECC.
Vendor can be transferred from SUS to ECC using XI and then to SRM from ECC.

Since you have extended classic scenario, your supplier might enter Buyer's system through SRM from RoS. You could have a notification sent to ECC team for creation of vendor master entry for this new supplier in SRM. A mail notification when an entry is created in table BUT000 perhaps ?This could be a manual process also, as I have seen personally, as many clients want to avoid an unnecessary enhancement.
Its purely a business decision.

Best,

PD.

monica_dasilva3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi PD

I am not sure which business functions you have activated, but generally you would transfer using Supplier Registration or Supplier Collaboration.  Suppliers can be distributed via OPI, see the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/48/31856b39ed4bbbe10000000a42189b/content.htm

I understand that the Change Monitor will only work with suppliers that are already existing in ECC and therefore a newly created supplier would not be recognised since it represents no change to an existing supplier.

I hope this helps!

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs, Monica.

We are currently exploring the option of using RoS to transfer newly converted suppliers (who were only bidders before award of bid). RoS can be implemented in 2 ways, one with activation of business function where you can use SUS and second, without activation of business function where you need a separate system for registration.

We were thinking of second option as we do not plan for SUS right now. The issue is how to transfer the supplier from SRM to ECC. The document says that this can be done "manually", so what exactly is the manual process ?

Again, if you have a better way to link a new SRM supplier to ECC Vendor master, do let me know.

I tried option of entering logical system name & vendor name at the bottom in "Supplier Data" tab of newly created (or converted from Bidder) supplier in SRM. This creates a Venmap entry with SRM BP number and NOT with ECC Vendor number. Thus, when I try to create the PO, it does not recognize this vendor. We are in Classic scenario, so this should be natural.

As a last resort, we could use an enhancement to link the SRM BP number to the ECC Vendor in Venmap table. I don't know if the is a better, cleaner approach to this.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated (and rewarded points).
PD.

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WDA_E_SUCO_SREGWDA_SUCO_POWLWDA_L_FPM_OIF