cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on ISAPI Installation & Configuration with Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to install both ISAPI filter and Powershell service on Forefront TMG and configure it with Afaria. Can anyone please post the steps how to install and configure ISAPI filter?

Thanks in Advance,

-reddy p

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Install the filter by running the setup program (setup.exe) from the latest Service Pack installed. Right click and install as an Administrator.

2. Select language option and click on OK.

3. Click on install option

4. Click Additional Installations and Resources.

5. Click Install Access Control for Email.

6. Select the version of access control filter by clicking either 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64).

7. Click Next on the Welcome dialog of ISAPI Filter Setup.

8. Select the installation type Filter and data handler. This filter component allows or blocks incoming email synchronization requests. The data handler gets data from Afaria server to maintain a list of devices and access control policies.

9.  Click Next.

10. From the Blocking option dialog,  select Select an ISAPI installation method - Install ISAPI filter for IIS Server and click Next

11. Enter server settings, such as the URL of the Afaria server, if using Relay server for filter enter Relay Server (RS) Prefix, and Relay Server (RS) Farm ID.

12. Click Next.

13. Click Install to install the filter and components on one server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilima. I followed your instructions and successfully installed ISAPI filter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilima,

Thanks for providing a quick and easy to understand set of instructions. I am looking at configuring an email policy for Exchange 2010 with devices enrolled in Afaria 7 SP3.

The install guide mentions that the 'Server->Configuration->MS Office 365' page can be used in conjunction with Exchange Powershell commands to allow Afaria to restrict email to just the devices enrolled (as opposed to the installation of the ISAPI filter). I have configured the settings with the Exchange Administrator credentials and it shows 'Passed' if I test the configuration. However, the install guide does not mention any further steps. How does the process of restricting email take place using this option?

Further, which method is recommended and why? Your guidance on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

First sorry for delayed response. The way we set unknown policy for domain under Access control option for ISAPI on server configuration, same way we set Exchange policy under 'Server->Configuration->MS Office 365'. In sp4 page is renamed as MS Exchnage and can be used for exchange 2010, exchange 2013 and exchange 365. Enrollment process is same as ISAPI only you can use exchange domain and exchange host details in enrollment and configuration policy. Afaria sends request to exchange server to allow or block the device depending on the access policy selected for the device and as per instruction from Afaria exchange blocks/allow accesss.

It is depending on organisations email configuration which method is suitable....365 is microsoft's hosted email service and ISAPI is application of IIS which resides on iis and is a microsoft's web server. It is mainly used for local exchange where devices are synchronising.

Answers (0)