cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage section search --> Putaway in storage section 004 is not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have a requirement as below. Can you please advise if there is a standard sap solution for the below issue:

Scenario: Storage type ABC is defined with putaway strategy 'B' bulk storage. We have activated the storage section search in the storage type. We have define Section ID 001 in the material master and in config for this section ID we have defined sections 001, 002, 003 & 004.

Now we have a requirement that section 004 is to be used only for manual putaway and should be removed from the automatic search strategy. If we remove the section 004 from automatic search strategy, we are getting error message # L3038 'Putaway in storage section 004 is not allowed' even during manual putaway.

Please let us know if there is a way to allow manual putaway of stock into 004 section.

Best Regards,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

in the customizing for activate storage section search you actually have 3 activities.

in the 3rd activity you can define if the storage section are used for search and are checked or only used in the search but not checked.

Try it with Y - search but no check

only use  sections 001, 002, 003 in the search sequence, so 004 will not determined automatically

and the Y should take care that you can move material manually to section 004 and it is not checked.  Try it, I have not tested it myself

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen for your quick help. I have activated 'Y' for the storage type. It now allows to manually putaway the stocks into the section that is not a part of automatic search.

Best Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Section 004 can be maintained in the search sequence as the last one. In this way, bins in section 004 will not be suggested for putaway until there's available bins in other sections, on the other hand, this setting will allow you to select bins in 004 manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I know how it works and what config/data is required to be maintained.

My query is related to how to exclude storage section 004 from automatic putaway & still be able to manually putaway by adding the manual bin of section 004 in foreground.

The problem we are facing is when i enter the bin of section 004 in foreground system does not accept this bin and throw error message that putaway is not possible into the bin.

Best Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1, check storage section in the Material master (WM)

2, check in the storage bin Structure in master data (configuration)

3, check in strategies-activate storage section search.

So check the storage section should be similiar

With Regards

dinesh