Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP module best for a Java Developer having 2.5 years of experience?

Hi Mentors,

I am Santu, I have done MCA and working as a Java Developer from the last 2.5 years in an IT.

I want to move into the SAP world , which module should I choose?

1. What are the modules related to technical? Which one is good for me as I don't have any interest in coding but have interest in utilizing my analytical skills?

I have some options :

ABAP - (Programming) --                           not interested.

Basis (System Admin, Network, DB) --       not interested in network related stuffs.

Business Intelligence ---                            Interested(as it is related to analytical if I am not wrong) but dont know about it and its scope in future.

Business Objects  --                                 Interested(as it is related to analytical if I am not wrong) but dont know about it and its scope in future.

HANA -                                                    Dont know much about it and its scope.

Please explain the last three in terms of package, job security.

2. Any other technical module if I am missing or even any functional module which is relevant to my experience.

3. Will my experience going to be count or I'll be treated as a fresher in the SAP World after completing any one of the module training?

4. Does BI require the knowledge of BO or HANA?  In other way do the companies look for a SAP BI having knowledge of BO or HANA or any other module?

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question