Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to lock custom authorization obj ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a custom auth object which is assigned to few roles..!! what are the ways to restrict access to this custom auth object without removing it from roles..!! i cant delete the auth object as i need to do this restriction for few days only....!! do we have option to lock auth obj anywhr ??

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, if you need to restrict the access only for a few days and roles you can disable /deactivate the objects in the role over PFCG or you write a little program which will do this for you. But if you lock the authorization object the user will get an error if he/she try to execute a transaction/program which hase an authority check against this object. If you want to prevent a user to execute a transaction or program you can lock the transaction or deactivate the program. regards, Bernhard

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Priyaranjan,

you probably know, in which t-codes your object is used. For t-codes it is pretty easy to deactivate checks in SU24 (set the checkflag to 'No check'). The authority-check will be always succesful then.

In SU24 you can maintain the check flag easily, if you use the 2nd tab and enter the object name there.

Unfortunately this 'switch' will work only for the selectable types of application (t-codes, etc.) but not

for instance for reports (run from sa38,....)

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SU25 you have the option to deactivate the auth obj globally (step 5

Bal