cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW730 Support Package Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently we are on SAP NW730 SP level 07. Planning to go for 08.

I have few concerns :

Currently Kernel release is 720 with SP level 201.(For DEV System)

Kernel Release on QAS is 721 with SP level 30.(QAS).

1) Will there be any conflicts with these. What is the minimum kernel level should be for applying SP08 from SP07 for 730 release.

2) I have BPC addons in the NW system. Im planning to Solman to download the support packages. Will it give me all the NW component Sp along with BPC component SP when using MOPZ or Solman_workcenter.

Please find the screenshot below for my current components and addons and their SP level.

Please provide your inputs. Little confused with it.

THanks in advance,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

We always recommend to download the latest kernel independent of the SPS level.

If you wonder the minimum, any kernel vesion released after SP08 is a must.

Anyway since you need to use Mopz to calculate, the latest kernel will be calculated automatically duing the process and you simply select it.

Besides, it is recommended to keep the whole landscape consistent. So it is better you use the same kernel version for DEV, QAS and PRD.

For BPC, I have no clue. But since it is SAP standard add-on, if you configure SMSY correctly, it shall be automatically recognized and calculated by Mopz.

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for your info. Im able to proceed with the downloads.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as your LMDB information is correct then MOpz will obtain all of the need packages for the system (BPC and Service Packs, EhP also if you want to go that route in the future).  And as Michael pointed out, the kernel for the systems are also included for the MOpz transaction.

I couldn't tell what ST level your SolMan is currently at, but if you have the correction version you can actually have the LMDB execute a verification check against the market place data along with the system itself and correct information about the system; this is how I was able to add/fix BPC in my landscape to associate to the BW system correctly.

You can always check for the verification check via this method (note there are other ways to get to the same verification check):

Pull up you work centers click on Solution Manager Administration > Landscape > Product Systems (radio button on the left under Landscape) click on the desired SID hit the execute Verification check button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.