cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Application Development Using Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am a newbie here and quite new to SAP.

My background is JEE, Java, Spring, Hibernate, JSON etc,

I am looking to learn applications using NetWeaver Application Server.

What all do I need to have  in order to start with Netweaver? Does Web Dynapro supports Java based applications or customizations?

Any help is highly appreciable.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

I think you should try to do something in ABAP which is the SAP language.

You could get the MiniSAP or NW ABAP AS that is available for download in the Download Section of the SCN.

If you still want to start with Java, you could order the NW Java AS DVD from the SAP Knowledge Shop for free. In my opinion, you should try with ABAP First. Like Jun said, ABAP is real SAP

Regards.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis, thanks for the detailed explanation.

Could you be kind enough to point where exactly I could order NW Java AS DVD from SAP?

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

As an starting point you can start developing persistence layer for the application. You can leverage your expertise of java background for that. You may start with following points -

• EJB services
  • Web Services
  • Rest services
  • CAF services

Once you are comfortable of using java technologies in sap you can proceed with the front end in below mentioned order

• Web DynPro Java
  • SAP UI5

Once you are done with above points you can embark on sap ecosystem based on your interest and skills and about your last question you can always download NW server or any other SAP software you can use service market place for NWDS you can use -

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/730/

Good Luck.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't know your intention

if you want do real sap, go with abap

if you want to leverage your java, try sap cloud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse my ignorance in relation to SAP Cloud, is SAP Cloud is totally different from Dynpro?

Is this a good starting point for SAP Cloud?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41427

Regards

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

That's a nice start, but before this you should go to SAP HANA Cloud Platform Developer Center and start with the absolute beginners part....

Cloud Platform has nothing to do with Dynpro nor with ABAP. It's Java based though not necessarily Java programming.

Regards,

Benny

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

looks good

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please post this thread at " ABAP Development" sapce

BR