cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display warranty in invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

My users asked me they want to print the number of years warranty on the invoice if the product got any warranty

they warranty of the product differ from customer to customer and like for some customer its 1 year some others its 2 years how to get the warranty printed on the invoice

any inputs will be helpful

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all let me know how you are maintianing customer wise warranty detail in SAP? Are you creating master warranty for every customer in BGM1? Are you assigning master warranty or simply warranty and and start dates in equipment master or in serial number? If you are using standard warranty process then your ABAPER read the warranty start and end dates from serial number or equipment master but I think you are not following warranty's standard process.

So if you want warranty to only for printing on invoice then I have a suggestion for you where you don't need to create a Z table.

Make a copy of standard condition PR00 in V/06 T-code and don't assign this condition in any pricing procedure or anywhere else. It will be used only to maintain condition records with customer material with release status table. Maintain condition record and in amount column maintain number of years. System will show you currency and unit of measure. Ask your ABAPER to get the custoemr and material from invoice and find the valid condition record in condition you have created for maintaing warranties. If found read the amount and write this in warranty years field in your smart form. Ask him to forget about currency and unit of measure etc. What he needs is just customer, material, amount (warranty years) and validity dates to validate system date with condition record dates.

I know pricing conditions are not used for this purpose but I have used this functionality to get rid of Z tables.

Thank$

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Standard SD, there is no option to maintain any warranty details on the Material master.

you have this kind of option in Equipment master data.

If you dont have any equipment master data, then as already stated by Lakshmipathi you have to develop a Customer table to maintain the warranty details based on the Material and Customer and populate this on this on the Invoice

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply guys

i thought of asking the user to enter a warranty year in sales text when creating the sales order and using copy control i can capture the sales text in to invoice . where i can get the warranty year as 1 or 2 years in invoice printed .  if no sales text is entered in the SO that means no warranty so it dont come in the invoice was thinking for this option does this do any good need to check .

let me discuss the other option u have given also and see

If u feel my solution need any changes please let me know thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your process is this much easy and simple then this is the best simplest way to control this. You just need to take care of this that users are entering in line item text for every material if there are multiple line items. But I am wondering if your client is willing to show warranty years on invoice then why they are not maintaing warranty in SAP. If a customer comes to claim warranty then how your client will check its validity?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we got CS consultant in the Team when i discussed with him he was tellin me that it is not possible to capture the warranty years in the invoice i dont know much abt CS when i discussed with the user they said they want to print  the warranty years in the invoice so i thought of this solution . hope some solution the CS will guy come up  with .

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also SD and CS consultant and I have told in my earlier post that how it is possible in CS standard warranty process. Please ask your CS consultant to study my post and give his remarks.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently, are you capturing the warranty details somewhere in SAP ?  If so, your job is easy by explaining the logic to your ABAPer and ask them to include the technical coding in the existing smartform being used for billing to fetch the required data to invoice output.

On the other hand, if the warranty details are not captured in SAP, then you need to develop a zee table where user have to maintain the required master data for warranty and as and when billing documents are generated, the above logic should be adopted.

G. Lakshmipathi